Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
SO MUCH FUN

I came here a few years ago with my partner at the time and had the coolest typical kiwi... read more

Reviewed 22 July 2018
Caroline B
If you like wine and fruit liquer you have to stop

This lil boutinque has been shunted up the road. Make sure you gps it and go slow not to miss the... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2018
Jo P
Perth, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Looking for a light lunch and maybe a tasting after our hike to Cathdral Cove we stumbled on this little beauty. We weren't sure if it was open as there seemed to be a bit of action with trailers and utes. Luckily we forged ahead and were welcomed with the offer to taste a range of fruit liqueurs, wine, cider and spirits. The owner was in the middle of relocating the business up the road and the place was a hive of activity. He made time to tell us about his unique products and listened to our travel tales. The inviting smell of the wood fired pizza oven proved too great and we tucked in to a truly tasty pizza in a delightful and quirky garden setting. We soaked up the early may sunshine and the delicious cider - sitting here writing this review I regret not adding a bottle or two to my take away order.
I well recommend this great little place and hope we can find it in its relocation when we return.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank nowgraham
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Popped in here early evening (on a very very wet day!! - a month's rainfall in one day) for a quick glass of kiwi fruit wine .... wrong time of year for it but the owner couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We ended up being invited into the 'tasting bar' and tried a range of wines, liqueurs and spirits, on our very own 'tour' .... all this with good humour, much information, and despite being busy with pizza making and many other guests. Definitely recommend the passion fruit and feijoia liqueurs - our little taste of NZ back in Blighty. Thank you for making our final evening in NZ a particularly memorable one. Hope to be back ....

1  Thank BagginsWhixall
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I understand that they are about to change location but we found our visit there last week just brilliant. The atmosphere was very casual and laid back which is what we like. I hope they keep this vibe after they move. My 12 year old sun loved the table tennis table , the wood burning stove and we all loved the amazing pizza and the amusing host. You have to try their cider and their wine. Would love to visit again one day when we return to NZ.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Absolutely loved my experience here, not at all what I was expecting. There's just something so special and different about Purangi, the laid back rustic vibe, minimalistic plastic chairs and ping pong table make for a very fun afternoon in the sun. Not for those expecting a "fancy" winery experience as the place almost reminds you of an antique shop with vintage furnishings. Staff had a great sense of humor, service was great, all around atmosphere was fantastic. Look forward to visiting their new premises in the near future, a little goes a long way with this place!

Reviewed 24 March 2017

Great pizza, fantastic feijoa liqueur and a host that will leave you in stitches!
I had such a great time that I will definitely come there again if I'm back in New Zealand!

Date of experience: August 2016