Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
SO MUCH FUN

I came here a few years ago with my partner at the time and had the coolest typical kiwi... read more

Reviewed 22 July 2018
Caroline B
If you like wine and fruit liquer you have to stop

This lil boutinque has been shunted up the road. Make sure you gps it and go slow not to miss the... read more

Reviewed 30 June 2018
Jo P
Perth, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I understand that they are about to change location but we found our visit there last week just brilliant. The atmosphere was very casual and laid back which is what we like. I hope they keep this vibe after they move. My 12 year old sun loved the table tennis table , the wood burning stove and we all loved the amazing pizza and the amusing host. You have to try their cider and their wine. Would love to visit again one day when we return to NZ.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Absolutely loved my experience here, not at all what I was expecting. There's just something so special and different about Purangi, the laid back rustic vibe, minimalistic plastic chairs and ping pong table make for a very fun afternoon in the sun. Not for those expecting a "fancy" winery experience as the place almost reminds you of an antique shop with vintage furnishings. Staff had a great sense of humor, service was great, all around atmosphere was fantastic. Look forward to visiting their new premises in the near future, a little goes a long way with this place!

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Great pizza, fantastic feijoa liqueur and a host that will leave you in stitches!
I had such a great time that I will definitely come there again if I'm back in New Zealand!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in on our way to another vineyard while on vacation in the Coromandel. This place blew us away with their friendly staff, low key and laid back they made us feel really welcome. A great sampling of spirits, liqueurs and a few wines. I highly recommend the lemon Gin, absolutely delicious with some ice and soda water. Can't wait to go back on our next visit to NZ

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Was heading to another winery but was recommended to go here, so glad we did!! This place was so authentic and the staff were amazing.
We did the tasting of all there liqueurs and wines which were delish! even came away with a few purchases.
Would 100% recommend the pizza as well, so delish and traditional :)

Date of experience: March 2017