“Nice and relaxing ”

Palm Springs Hot Pool
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Parakai
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

This is a nice gem just outside of Auckland. Great if you are a couple or with adults only. Will definitely go again to unwind and warm the muscles in winter.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Palm Springs is a place that I have visited ever since I arrived in Auckland in 1998, and oh how it has changed. Evolving from a run down, grotty, don't go there place to a wonderfully refreshing and still evolving place of peace and quiet, with restful tunes and at the moment a fantastic range of non alcoholic beverages. Chips and burgers have always been consistently good from the kitchen and the showers are now ranking as some of the best I have had.
The best thing about Palm Springs now is that it is adults only, yes, you got that adults only. No more kids running up and down, hollering at the tops of their lungs, screaming and crying when they fall over after being yelled at by their parents to not run.
One thing is for sure, I will continue to go there, even if they raise the prices again.

2  Thank AndrinaEyles
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Awful and heart-breaking for a little boy. It was Easter Sunday and so before going I checked the website and I rang to enquire if the place was open and till what time. I was told that it was all good and the place was open till 10 pm. My 5-year old son had spent the whole afternoon planning his time at the pools where he had been twice before and even convinced grand-dad and grand-mom to come along with him. We drove for 40 mins (no small journey for a 5-year old) and excitedly ran, swimming hoop in hand, towards the entrance to only find out that we would not be let in as the policy had changed to “adults only”. Before my son had realized that, I tried to explain to the person at the front desk that we had come here before and my son had been looking forward to coming back for weeks and he would be devastated to be turned away right here at the doors in front of the pools. We were, however, not let in (and there was hardly anyone in the pools anyways). It was absolutely devastating for my son, he burst in tears there and then and cried all the way home. We were not informed of the policy change when we rang and it was not stated clearly on the website. All this despite the policy having changed only a few weeks before. I was left quite disgusted with the management of the whole situation. We are never going again, kids or no kids, and so are all our friends and colleagues.

8  Thank Denis S
Reviewed 17 March 2016

My wife, nephew (adult) and I visited Parakai and visited Palm Springs Hot Pools (intended to go to the other one, but "standing room" only there). I had memories from a few decades ago that Palm Springs was "very second"....... but read on.

What a delightful surprise:- Very clean and had undergone massive renewal (with much more on the way). The new owner was in attendance - very professional and pleasant, and explained that in the year he has had ownership he has done a lot there. It shows.

Do not be misled by the "Adults only". Nothing seedy - just a means to keep the kids out. By not allowing children he cuts down the noise and makes it a place in which it is possible to relax - day or night.

No food available whilst we were there (and as I recall there are no plans for food), but the picnic and BBQ areas are good.

No more visits to the other establishment for us.

1  Thank Possum46
Reviewed 6 March 2016

Still under renovation for cafe and bar but the pools are a great experience. Just been made adults only so nice and quite

1  Thank Veronica S