“Enjoyed our hot swim”
Review of Parakai Springs

Parakai Springs
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Parakai
More attraction details
Owner description: Unleash Northwest’s best kept secret for the ultimate day trip. Just over 40 mins from Auckland’s CBD lies one of New Zealand’s natural geothermal wonders - Parakai Springs.Large indoor and outdoor pools and two thrilling hydro-slides have been the main attractions for decades. BBQ and picnic areas are situated throughout the park and options for hiring marquees for groups is also available. If you are not wanting to prepare your own food take advantage of the Springs Café and dining area located next to the indoor pool. Now extensively redeveloped into an active water recreation centre, Parakai Springs offers a range of amenities to make this a full-day's entertainment destination.
Reviewed 4 September 2017

The pools and buildings were all clean and tidy, perhaps in need of some TLC, but the hot swim was really good. We enjoyed our swim.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

On first inspection of Parakai Springs website this place looks great for a day out or afternoon relaxation. How fooled were we.

How this is the "northwest's best kept secret" is beyond me. $24 later we were in, changed and ready to enjoy ourselves. Unfortunately it really wasn't what we expected. The changing facilities need a revamp; paint flaking off and dirty floors, to think Tyrone had just cleaned according to the Bathroom schedule.. perhaps Tyrone needs some lessons. We had to ask where the natural pool was as this was what we were most looking forward too, that found we relaxed until 3pm from then it was booked out for a private booking. The two water slides gave us great memories, fun, laughter and cuts on the elbows but we had a laugh. They weren't the most joyful or helpful. Unfortunately just not what we expected at all and a bit of a rip off. I'm sure it just needs a good revamp and it will be a great place. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The campground, adjacent to the hot pools is sadly lacking in TLC. Most of the power sites were inaccessible due to the sodden state of the grounds and the few that were available consist of 2 narrow strips of concrete in a wet muddy grassed area. They are set up for motorhomes so the pad designed to step out onto is on the wrong side for a caravan (having to back in instead of drive in). This meant having to step onto muddy grass to get in and out. The sites are so close together that there is no privacy from your neighbour at all. Rotting timber and flaking paint in the toilet block. This could be a great camping spot set amongst trees but needs some money spent on it badly

1  Thank 55vintage
Reviewed 16 May 2017

I hadn't been here since I was a kid and recently visited with my partner. Having talked it up, I have to admit it was a bit of an anticlimax. I don't think it's had a makeover since I was a kid, change rooms etc are old fashioned with queue for a (door-less) shower. The main pool outside was a bit too cold for adults wanting a soak, and also had no shade. Inside was more pleasant but again, very dated.
The slides were fun, exactly as I remember them from childhood - only a slower walk up the ramp :-)

Reviewed 29 April 2017

As a teen I remember going to Parakai and running up that slide tower over and over again. As a parent I've just relived my youth as I raced up the tower time and time again after my kids. They had an absolute blast on the slides (I might have too).
We hung out in both indoor and outdoor pools too but mainly spent our time on the slides.
The complex was busy for a rainy saturday but there was still room for us to hang out.
It could definitely do with a few improvements but never the less we still had a great time. Thanks Parakai, we'll be back.

1  Thank Brenda H