Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
lovely day for a dip

enjoyed parakai pools although my little one couldnt get into the kidzone because it was booked out... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Inspire816133
Ticking time bomb

My family and I recently visited Parakai Springs. The kids really loved it, but to be quite... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2018
Vacation826052
via mobile

All reviews de stress private spa pool kidzone benches auckland
Reviewed 27 December 2016

Welcoming and friendly staff met us at the front counter. We went to the big water slides which (contrary to Adam D's Review) were constantly patrolled by lifeguards.

If you have a child 5,6,7 years old, you will have to be with them at all times. They give you a pink wristband for the child, and will haul the child out if there's no caregiver within a short distance. Very safety conscious. If your 7 year old wants to do the slide over and over, be prepared for aching legs from marching up the tower repeatedly!

It's noisy if there's a lot of people there. Waterslides are full of shrieking kids.

Totally loved it, spent the whole day there. Outdoor pool is awesome for littlies, with a shallow ramp area at one side. Indoor pool is really warm, 39 degrees c. Relaxing after running up the tower all day!

Hot & Cold showers available. two loo blocks.

Mens changing room lacks any real privacy, with only east-west barriers and a walkway right past everyone. If you're embarrassed about your lower half, there's nowhere to hide.

Nice picnic areas, bbqs, tents/ awnings, on-site cafe serving hot and cold food and drinks.

Bit of a drive, but well worth it.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed 28 October 2016

We go to Parakai a few times a year because we love it so much. About an hour west of the city it is easily accessible for a day out. The prices have gone up a bit lately but they have also renovated the bathrooms and given the place some love recently so it's all going to a good cause.

Parakai is a simple place - one large outside pool, one smaller inside pool (HOT) and two hydroslides. A smaller and larger one. We have some great memories on those slides, from back in youth group days, to going with the kids now.

They have bbq's for hire and heaps of dining areas. We usually just get takeaways from the onesite cafe though.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

My partner and I decided to make the very long road trip to check the place out (he had not been there for 15years). When we were arrived we were greeted by a friendly lady at the front desk, on entering the changing rooms we discovered that (both male and female) changing rooms were extremely wet. We then spent some time in both the indoor and outdoor pools....nice enough but really not worth the money. We then ventured to the slides, where there was no lifeguard but plenty of small children. My partner zoomed down the slides but myself being a bit more hesitant took some time to go down....my second time as I was just about to go down I heard my partner scream while on the way down. He'd had ran into a small child (left unattended by any adults) who was climbing up the slide. These children then proceeded to go down all at once (against the rules on the ratty looking sign ) and were just generally misbehaving. Quite frankly it was unacceptable and I feel there should have been some form of supervision. I believe not having life guards supervising these kids is a HUGE health and safety Hazzard. What would have happened if adam (partner) had seriously injured one of these kids???

We would have mentioned something to staff but could not find anyone in the staff room or surrounding building, thought it was not the responsibility of front office staff (and needed to get going so didn't want to muck around )

Date of experience: August 2016
ParakaiSprings, Manager at Parakai Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Hi Adam D.

Thank you for taking your time to review our complex and we are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities.

It is disappointing to hear that some of our younger visitors were not following the rules on the slides and it is concerning that their parents were not watching them as all children under the age of 8 years old must be actively supervised by a parent or caregiver age 16 or older.

During the week when we do not expect to be busy we limit our lifeguard numbers to be appropriate for the number of expected visitors and we always have a pool supervisor monitoring the pools on rotation. The pool supervisor is always available and the best place to make contact with the supervisor if he/she is not visible is via the front desk.

This is a good reminder to all parents that while we do have staff on duty, the safety and monitoring of their children is always the parents responsibility.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Went here with my son in the school holidays, and loved it, have not been here for years. Had a great time and so did my son

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Visited the pools to have a relaxing weekend day out and de stress, and this was the place indeed. The receptionist was friendly and informative, even showing us how to save money for next time.
The pools were a little dated but clean and tidying at this time of year quiet and peaceful.

Date of experience: June 2016