All reviews dining room great view old building small town wonderful hotel hotel is located beautiful fjord perfect location large bathroom the room was nice standard room options for eating slept like a baby nice weather fish hardangerfjord mix
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 March 2019

Location very good
Looks good outside
But when i get to the room . omg
Water damage in the ceiling that had not occurred a few days ago.
In the morning, at least 10 people tried to have breakfast before 8:00 and someone said that we should not take before 8.00 In many places, this area is closed and then it will be opened exactly the time
see pictures

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank gjreign
Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

I visited TH Sandven this weekend due to a conferance. I was very pleased by the room, maybe not so much by its standard.
The conferance room had bad air conditionioning. And I felt rather dizzy after a short time.

I am however glad that I only spent time in the hotelroom to sleep.

The late night bartender could not make a mojito for my coworker. And even had to find the recipe. The drink looked, and tasted poor.

However I find the staff very helpful, and kind to us.

The food

The best part of the Food has to be the lunch and breakfest. Where I could choose from meat, seafood or vegetarian options.

I will definitely visit thon hotels again.
My recommendation is to check under the bed and look for clues of poor cleaning or bad conditions.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 684aleca
Reviewed 23 September 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 2 night in September for a wedding. This was the only hotel in town available. This hotel is a combination of an older, more traditional Norwegian building, and a modern wing, that looked like it was added much more recently. Our room was in the modern wing, and though small (typical for so many European and Scandinavian hotels), it was clean and had everything we needed. Our room faced the street, and with the windows open, it was quite loud at night, but otherwise we had no issues. (I would definitely try to ask for a fjord facing room). The breakfast spread was extensive, delicious and in one of the old, traditional halls. The room overlooks the lovely fjord, which which also enjoy. The hotel is located right on the fjord, and the patio area is quite lovely/picturesque. Also, tea and coffee are always available in the lobby. I would just say that there was nothing extraordinary or special about our stay, short of the lovely breakfast spread which is fairly typical in Scandinavian hotels.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

My biggest complaint with the places we stayed in while in Norway was that they oidn't have adequate storage for travelers. However, this is not the case for the Thon Hotel. They had ample storage in the bathroom for personal items for 2 people and plenty of places to hang wet towels AND they had a bath mat. There was a luggage rack in the sleeping area which is so nice!!! Plenty of hooks and places to set items. There was a wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning. Another place with a nice view and a walkway along the water. Hated to leave this place.

Reviewed 6 September 2018

Great room, great location,great staff. Unbelievable breakfast. We did everything wrong in an online nonrefundable reservation and showed up validly without one. The man at the front desk corrected our mistakes patiently taking screenshots sending emails and making calls.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no