All reviews explore bermuda parrot fish the general manager sea turtles grocery store ocean front horseshoe beach each morning front desk the atlantic ocean a late lunch water park chef ron good luck view is amazing bus stop right feed the fish
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Their "continental breakfast" was a joke. Coffee was made the previous night for next morning. The room was very neat and clean but so tiny that there was hardly any room to put anything.(We had ocean front room).... No one at the desk knew anything. We had to lug our own suitcases from the office to the room. NO taxis wanted to come that far into Bermuda.....We were told a shuttle would take us to restaurants...there was NO shuttle!!!! The people at the desk did try and asked us when we left after less than 24 hours to please write a bad review so they could get help!! The management team was so unaware of what was needed to run a successful hotel...(actually called a B&B)(>...

Room tip: better to pick anything other than ocean front room.....
2  Thank Connector4253
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Willowbank Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Connector4253
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations and I am hopeful that you were able to find alternative accommodations. I would like to take the opportunity for future readers of this review, to clear up few of the concerns this guest had:

1. Willowbank Resort is a 2-3 star resort. We do not have bell staff, room service, or a full service restaurant. We are similar to a La Quinta or Comfort Inn.
2. We offer a clean room, complimentary hot breakfast, amazing views, 2 beaches, fitness room, outdoor pool, tennis and basketball courts, water sports ($), moped and bicycle rentals on property, and near public transport bus stops - all at a very affordable price.
3. The hot breakfast daily offers continental breakfast offerings and a few hot items like oatmeal, eggs, pancakes. We do not offer a full buffet hot breakfast.
4. The shuttle will only transport guests to the Cambridge Beaches Restaurants and Bella Vista Restaurant in Dockyard, and our front desk team will organize this as it must be reserved. Other means of transportation to near by restaurants are moped rental, taxi or public bus.

Thank you again and I am sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied with the competence of our front desk team. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. I will ensure your feedback will be given to all.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

This hotel has it all. Nice little beaches, beautiful location, a pleasant and helpful staff and nice rooms. The rooms are spacious enough to get comfortable and have a little porch to sit on and watch the amazing sunset. The breakfast is nice and hot with just enough choices to keep it interesting. The staff goes out of there way to be accommodating whether it is arranging dinner to cleaning the room later in the afternoon for lazy vacationers. We enjoyed our 4 day stay and would recommend this place to couples and/or families looking for a quiet out of the way place to relax. If you are looking for trendy furniture and a location in the middle of the action this may not be the place for you. But if you are looking for a relaxing location from which to explore Bermuda this place is perfect. You can explore the island from here by walking 20 minutes to Cavallo Bay and taking the ferry or catching the bus- there is a stop right out front. If you are looking for trendy furniture and location in the middle of the action this may not be the place for you. But if you are looking for a relaxing location from which to explore Bermuda this place is perfect. Thank you to Barbara Michelle and Tricia for taking such good care of us.

Room tip: The oceanfront rooms are worth it to wake up o the beautiful view.
Date of stay: August 2018
2  Thank Travelrasta

Dear Travelrasta

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let
Barbara know that she made an impact during your stay.

I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I travel to Bermuda pretty much every other year, sometimes every. IMO the most beautiful island in the world, the best of everything... amazing beaches, crystal clear water, very nice people, beyond beautiful island, plenty to do though amazingly relaxing. Willowbank had been the spot that I stayed throughout my childhood and early adult life. When it closed I was very upset, so many good memories. Had to find alternate accommodations but I always felt like something was missing, just wasn't the same. Last year I was thrilled to see it re-open but we hesitated to stay there because they were working on getting it back in shape. This year it was truly back to its previous splendor. It sits on one of the more beautiful locations on the island, amazing views of ocean and bay. The people, that run the place, are so nice and caring. Barbara and Michelle' (sp) are amazing. The price was always lower than the other resorts on the island and this still is the case. Great value!!! Oleander Scooter rentals right on the property. Looking forward to resuming the tradition and relaxing at Willowbank. Thank you for putting a smile our face, my wife and I love your place!

2  Thank davecilio
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Willowbank Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear davecilio

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending Willowbank to other travelers. I am delighted to hear that we have been part of so many journeys that you've taken. I hope that you will stay with us several times more on your next trips.

We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive reviews such as this. We will be sure to let Barbara and Michele that they made an impact during your stay.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

July 2018 - We just enjoyed a week in paradise at Willowbank Resort! A perfect fit for our family with 2 teenagers, 14 & 18, who wanted to be in the beautiful turquoise water all the time. And we were! Willowbank is the best kept secret in expensive Bermuda for affordable family travel! Book this place before the secret is out!

Besides being a tremendous value compared to other Bermuda hotels, the main reason this place worked for us is LOCATION & INDEPENDENCE. This oceanfront property is absolutely gorgeous!!! Massive views of the Atlantic Ocean - breathtaking! Western end of island, perfect sunsets - 2 private beaches with rocks & coves for snorkeling and exploring, with a long walkout to a rocky area with wooden bridge & dock. Checkout the aerial pic in photos and you'll see this area with a beach on either side. We packed our own snorkels & loved just walking out of our room, down a little walkway to the ocean. Willowbank has 2 free kayaks you can use anytime.

We spent days just snorkeling & kayaking around our resort and other nearby island areas. At the beaches, water is clear and shallow (knee or waist deep) so you can snorkel but still stand up even farther out. Around the dock area, water is deep and rich with tropical fish, corals & plants. The independence element was great for us having older kids - nothing to rent, reserve, get instructions for, no "stay with the group & wear a lifevest"... just explore on our own at any time and enjoy this gorgeous place! Most of the time, we were the only people at the beach or in the water - incredibly private and very cool to us!

We were thrilled with the kind, helpful staff - Lovely Barbara at the front desk offered to drive us herself when we couldn't get a cab one night for a late dinner - how incredible! Breakfast was fresh & delicious everyday (and is included). Marcus makes delicious waffles and brings them right to your patio table! We saw staff every single day working on improvements, painting, etc. Our room was nice, very comfortable beds, cleaned everyday and when we asked for extra towels, they were brought right away. Many areas are brand new like the workout/weight room, pool & tennis and basketball court. Hopefully when we return, there might be a refreshed front desk area and perhaps a small bar would be nice. There is a market within walking distance to buy food & drink supplies for your room fridge. Walking the narrow roads can be intimidating for us Americans but the Bermudians absolutely see you. We walked & got carryout food from Four Star several times, very good - pizza, asian food & desserts.

Willowbank Resort allowed us the affordability to return to Bermuda and show our kids where got married 20 yrs ago (The Reefs in Southampton, which is gorgeous & expensive). Our vaca highlights included cliff jumping into the ocean at Admiralty House, swimming with wild sea turtles around close by Daniel's Head & LongBay Beach (bring a GoPro!!) and watching England play in World Cup semi-final game in an English pub (Docksiders in Hamilton) with locals singing chants & cheers! You can read the other reviews to get more info on Willowbank, local places, bus passes, other beaches, etc.

We absolutely recommend Willowbank as your place to stay in Bermuda. I know we'll be back!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Steene18
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Willowbank Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Steene18
Thank you for such a wonderful review and I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

The West End of the island (where we are located) is where one can find many private, secluded beaches and coves. The West End is known for our turtles, the sea life and of course beautiful sunsets and I am so happy that you were able to experience them all!

It will be my pleasure to share this review with our team, especially Barbara and Marcus. Our staff is really what makes us who we are!

We look forward to welcoming you back one day!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

What a great experience we had at Willowbank Resort. Such a fantastic hotel right on the beach with a beautiful, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. My first impression was great the minute I stepped in the hotel, Tricia the general manager took us to our room and made sure everything is good. The view from balcony was to die for. We ended up spending our nights relaxing, listening to the birds and watching the ocean. When it comes to the room, everything was fantastic, hot water, comfortable bed, good working AC. There is a bus stop right across from the hotel. We went to all the famous beaches but I was shocked when I found out that our beach was the best out of all of them (the smaller beach) The grocery store is 15 mins walk and Four stars the take out restaurant is only 5 mins walk. I can’t say enough about the excellent service we had, starting with my favorite chef bringing me a nice fresh waffle to my table every morning and making sure everything tasted Fantastic, the super sweet house keeper cleaning our room and asking if we need anything, the front desk helping with anything you need. Coming from 15 years experience in the Hospitality industry for the Marriott & the Sheraton, I can see that Willowbank is going to be one of the Top Resorts in Bermuda very soon. I highly recommend for a phenomenal experience and amazing experience.

Axam Sharaf

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank AxamS1
Cambridge-Management, General Manager at Willowbank Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear Mr. Sharaf
It was a pleasure meeting you and making sure your stay with us was perfect. I am pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay from our beaches, the view from your room, breakfast and affordable food options near by.

I will be happy to share your review with the team and I hope to welcome you again real soon.