“Lunchtime meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and myself went for an impromtu lunch at The Chatterley Whitfield pub on May 1st 2018.
Once we decided on what we would like to eat, from an extensive menu, we placed our order.
Our meals were delivered promptly, were hot and very tasty.
Attending our table was a very polite attentive young man named Conor. Nothing was too nuch trouble, he didn't pester you at all (constantly asking if all was well, which is what i find slightly annoying) but instead allowed you to eat your meal in peace and asked when he notice we had almost finished, checking that we had enjoyed our food and would we care to order dessert etc. More staff like Conor please.
Really could not fault our dining experience.

Miriam Punshon

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Normally I would say this place is good but on this occasion it was poor. Took for every get served, when I did order my food it was out in less than 10 minutes but the curry I ordered was cold, the adult portion of sausage, chips and peas was like a child's portion.
Don't sit on table 6 or all you will here is swearing and banging music from the kitchen.
Complained to management and all they said was though.
Won't be going back

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a nice family pub that serves pretty good food. All staff are lovely! I was served today by Conor, he’s always got a smile on his face, remembers what you usually eat, and is happy to help, even when the place is very busy! Also Ruth a member of the bar staff team, is fantastic she always remembers what you have and goes the extra mile when it comes to customer service!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Decided to treat my Mum to lunch and we were quite pleasantly surprised, the food was good, although my eyes were bigger than my belly (if that's at all possible, lol) and the big plate meal completely overfaced me, it was yum though and I felt guilty for leaving quite a bit on my plate. The service was great, swift ordering at the bar and our waiter, Conor was brill, very cheerful and pleasant and couldn't do enough for us, however his singing leaves a lot to be desired and he shouldn't give up his day job just yet, haha (only kidding, lol )

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Meal arrived promptly and hot. Our server was very polite and pleasant. The atmosphere was friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King