All reviewsjohn kellywedding receptionrecommend this hotelwedding venuelovely hotelfirst classglasgow city centreparty nightbar grillfrom start to finishhoneymoon suiteample parkinglounge areavisiting glasgowpublic areasfood was fantasticcouldn't do enough
Reviewed 6 June 2018

i would highly recommend stopping at this hotel , lovely hotel and very friendly and helpful staff . i have stayed here before on many occasions and will not hesitate to stop here in the future .the hotel has never let me down .

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
BWGarfield, General Manager at Best Western Garfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear leoo1,

Thank you for your high praise and recommendation of staying with us at the BW Garfield House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoy all aspects of your stay as a valued regular guest. If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please feel free to ask for me directly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here on Friday 01/06/2018 as we were going to a concert at Hampden Park. The hotel was clean and reception staff spot on. Our purpose was strictly bed and breakfast. Room was clean and spacious, bed was very comfy. Everything was spot on until the following morning. The waiting staff/chef must have had a late Friday night themselves! We were greeted and seated very nicely by the waiting staff, we were asked if we wanted tea/coffee and toast white or brown..... We asked for white and brown turned up. No real bother we weren't fussed. I managed to get the attention of a waiter after about 20 minutes of waiting to order two full breakfasts. Another couple were seated about 15 minutes after us just behind us, they ordered well after is, cancelled their ordr, then re-ordered again and received their order before we got ours and our orders were exactly the same! 10 minutes after this and a word in the waitress' ear we had to re-ordered as the chef had apparently misplaced our order! The breakfasts came out and we're missing items, we couldn't believe it could be so wrong! We asked for white toast again but we received brown again and then the waiter turned up with a random pot of tea we hadn't ordered. The staff were very friendly but considering it was so quiet in there I couldn't believe how poor the service was. Will not be staying again for that price with such poor service.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
BWGarfield, General Manager at Best Western Garfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Ste W,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. Please accept my apologies again for the issues you experienced at breakfast. I am pleased to have had the opportunity to discuss this with you directly, and to have ensured an amicable resolution met. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We were NOT told in advance of our 3 night stay that there was to be 3 nights of extremely loud music from a tribute act on the Friday night followed by a wedding both on the Saturday & Sunday night. Our room was directly above all the noise (No 3) and although the music stopped at midnight the sound of drunken guests went on for longer! There were people knocking on our room door and running away obviously thinking we were in their wedding party. The hotel is far too small to escape the sound of the loud music. This was not a cheap hotel as the room rate was more than some 4/5 star hotels in central Glasgow and the hotel a lot smaller than we expected. We definitely think the hotel had an obligation to forewarn us of the noise expectancy either at booking or definitely before our arrival but to not mention it at all and to put us in the room over the party and bar area was totally unacceptable especially when we weren’t there to party!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
BWGarfield, General Manager at Best Western Garfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear TRAVELITENOW,

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the disruption you experienced while staying with us.
We always attempt to allocate guests attending any event with us to rooms in the old part of the house. The room you were allocated, whilst in the old part of the house,is not normally one we receive noise complaints from. Had you made any of the team aware, we would most certainly have been able to rectify this. Following your feedback, we have asked our online booking partners to highlight the statement taken on the hotel's website regarding events at the weekend and music played up until midnight and display it more prominently.
Once again please accept my apologies for the disruption you experienced but I hope you consider staying with us again, whereby if you contact me directly at tbreheny@garfieldhotel.co.uk and I will personally oversee your reservation.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

Not that along ago i went here with my friend and as always the staff were welcoming and happy. When i myself had The Best burger again and the nice thick chips i ate all of it to prove how good it was. Lucy my friend ate the Double decker cheese sandwich with the totella chips it came with salad and lentil soup. My mum also ate but i don't know what is was i think it was fish soup

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
BWGarfield, General Manager at Best Western Garfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent lunch visit to us. I am most pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your food, and that you were made so welcome. I hope you enjoy many more lunches with us here at the Best Western Garfield House Hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The Garfield has weddings down to a fine art. The package we booked was amazing value, the day was extremely well organised, and nothing was any trouble to them at all. John, Cara and their team are an absolute credit to the hotel. From housekeeping to waiters, to bar staff, to the restaurant team led by Ross - the staff are nothing short of fantastic. We will always remember our wedding day for all the right reasons. The Garfield will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
BWGarfield, General Manager at Best Western Garfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear AlisonM,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent special day with us. I am delighted that John, Kara and all the team ensured you had a memorable day, and helped create such unforgettable memories.I will convey your kind words and high praise to all the team here, who join with me in wishing you both the happiest future life together.