“Slice of Mediterranean Heaven”
Review of Casita Miro

Casita Miro
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Onetangi
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casita Miro specialises in the cuisine of Spain and the wider Mediterranean Rim and take enormous pleasure in sharing our love for fine food, wine and sherry. Casita Miro is all about shared dining and our 'tapas' and 'raciones' (large plates) are perfect for a fun, relaxed and social dining experience. This year, Casita Miro was once again included in the acclaimed list of the Top 50 Auckland Restaurants in the Metro Magazine Restaurant of the Year Awards! In the past Casita Miro has been winner or runner up in this 'Best Destination Restaurant' category of Metro Magazine's Top 50 Auckland Restaurants. In addition, proprietor Cat Vosper won the title of 'Restaurant Personality of the Year' in 2011. Cat was also a finalist in the Lewisham Foundation's 'Outstanding Restaurateur' category 2013.
Reviewed 7 December 2020

For my wife and I this was our first visit to Casita Miro as we joined good friends for a long Sunday lunch and enjoyed the exquisite tasting menu. The decor, the setting, the service and the food took us back to our many holidays in Spain in Marbella and Puerto Banus. Thibault our French waiter was attentive, knowledgeable and full of personality which made the whole Casita Miro experience even more enjoyable. We will definitely return and recommend Casita Miro as a must visit on Waiheke Island.

Date of visit: December 2020

Reviewed 6 December 2020

We opted for a set, long lunch coupled with wine.

The waitress was attentive and informative, the atmosphere relaxed and the view very pleasant over the vineyard with a glimpse of the sea.

The wine matching was excellent and we would highly recommend. The meal itself was great. Interesting food and no pressure to rush. We were even encouraged to take a walk up to the fantastic, tiled bar area before indulging in dessert.

I would recommend the set menu. From the healthy fresh salad, tasty paella (I am not a fan of mussels and it was no problem for them to substitute for extra prawns and fish) to the rich dessert we thoroughly enjoyed everything. Will definitely be back and have no hesitation to recommend.

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Cheezel
Reviewed 2 December 2020

Last week I went to have lunch to this beautiful resto. When I arrived the hostess gave me a table next to the window with a stunning view of the vineyard and Onetangi beach. Sitting there the really kind waitress helped me to choose the perfect wine for my food. She was really helpful and dedicated to give me a perfect service. I ate the goat cheese croquettes, patatas bravas and gambas. No words to explain it, it was delicious!! And the wine was an excellent Pinot Gris. Perfect match! I had a lovely monday lunch! Thanks to all the amazing staff!

1  Thank Luuujuarez
Reviewed 30 November 2020 via mobile

Tried this restaurant for dinner with friends being one of the most popular in Waiheke. The place utself was nice and cozy, but the food was average. The staff and quality of service was outstanding, but there’s room for improvement in food and the wait time between courses. Overall, i like the customer service and the place and will still recommend as a must-visit restaurant.

Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

We booked for a group of 15 which became 12 due to illness and work commitments. Casita Miro accomodated the change without question which was most appreciated.
All I can say about the dining experience is "outstanding". We had such a great afternoon. 3 1/2 hours of fabulous food, wine and fun.
The restaurant was full but this did not detract from the occasion or the service. We were looked after like we were the only ones there.
It's our forth time back so I guess that tells a story, we just love this place for our group gathering.

1  Thank swampykevin