“Great burgers and a walk on the beach after”
Review of Charlie Farley's

Charlie Farley's
Ranked #6 of 7 Restaurants in Onetangi
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2023 via mobile

We do love it here, burgers are gorgeous. This time we came after the rugby had been on and they were pretty slammed but the kids chicken was quite dry and overcooked. The kids meals come in a bento box with a cake and tomato and cucumber so it’s fun for them. They looked like they were doing tacos for an event and they looked amazing so give them a try but send the food back if it’s not to your liking instead of doing what we did.

Date of visit: October 2023
Charlie Farleys, Marketing at Charlie Farley's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2023

Hi Xtravagance22, thank you for your review and for enjoying our burgers. We apologize for the disappointing kids meal. We appreciate your feedback and will work on improving the consistency of our kids meals. We do have our new summer menu launching Oct 30 so we hope you can give us another chance.

Reviewed 17 August 2023

Staff was amazing! Food was good- loved the smash burger. Spectacular views. Great time all around!

Date of visit: July 2023
Charlie Farleys, Marketing at Charlie Farley's, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2023

Hi Tour, thank you for the kind words! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great time with our amazing staff, delicious food and spectacular views. Your review made our day, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2023 via mobile

Ok but nothing like as good as before
The staff are really good but the guy behind the bar is obnoxiously loud and puts a damper on the chilled atmosphere

Date of visit: August 2023
Mat Carpenter, General Manager at Charlie Farley's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2023

Hi GoPlaces825269, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. We apologize for our bartenders boisterous behavior. We'll definitely address this internally to ensure a more enjoyable atmosphere in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2023

With family we came here for a midweek lunch. With very few people seated the service was quick and friendly. Only one waiter on shift but he coped well.
We went for the 'signature' deep fried fish and chips, and a daily special of grilled fish.
Pricing is what I would consider expensive for food and drink. Yes, it is a tourist hotspot but I don't think the price paid matched the food received.
Meals were delivered in a reasonable time.
The fish and chips were a disappointment - all batter and grease, not a green thing in sight and to be honest after eating it I felt a bit oily. The batter was thick and the chips were just on the well done side of cooked - no fluffy potato centres here folks. There were a lot of chips and the 2 pieces of fish were of a good size.
The grilled fish however, was an excellent dish and sort of what I would have hoped for and maybe even expected. Plenty of variety in the plate and the fish was delicious.

You cannot beat the location - across a road the beach is just there and in early winter is was open. I suspect in peak time you may be seeing more people than view, but there is a slightly raised platform you might sit at.

Overall, this is an expensive day out to the Island. Would I go back? No, for the amount of money spent I'd stay in Auckland city and try my luck there.

Date of visit: June 2023

Thanks for reviewing us, UteBloke. Your feedback is appreciated and we take it to heart. We are always looking for ways to increase customer satisfaction and will pass your comments along to our chefs about the fish and chips.

Reviewed 30 April 2023 via mobile

Possibly the worst service ever,My wife and myself,Went here to meet a friend,We eventually found a table,And I proceeded to go to the Bar,Bar for a drink,When the Young lady told me oh no we will take your drinks order at your table,So I went back to my table,And we waited for approximately 20 minutes,And still no service,So I was then slightly pissed off,And I approached the bar again to order drinks,Which the very unhelpful bar woman took my order,The place was a mess there was a very noisy group of people obvious very intoxicated,Making it uncomfortable for us,Avoiding this l place is a must,Take your money and go somewhere else

Date of visit: April 2023