“Ok”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2023 via mobile

Ok but nothing like as good as before
The staff are really good but the guy behind the bar is obnoxiously loud and puts a damper on the chilled atmosphere

Date of visit: August 2023
Mat Carpenter, General Manager at Charlie Farley's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2023

Hi GoPlaces825269, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. We apologize for our bartenders boisterous behavior. We'll definitely address this internally to ensure a more enjoyable atmosphere in the future.

Reviewed 16 June 2023

With family we came here for a midweek lunch. With very few people seated the service was quick and friendly. Only one waiter on shift but he coped well.
We went for the 'signature' deep fried fish and chips, and a daily special of grilled fish.
Pricing is what I would consider expensive for food and drink. Yes, it is a tourist hotspot but I don't think the price paid matched the food received.
Meals were delivered in a reasonable time.
The fish and chips were a disappointment - all batter and grease, not a green thing in sight and to be honest after eating it I felt a bit oily. The batter was thick and the chips were just on the well done side of cooked - no fluffy potato centres here folks. There were a lot of chips and the 2 pieces of fish were of a good size.
The grilled fish however, was an excellent dish and sort of what I would have hoped for and maybe even expected. Plenty of variety in the plate and the fish was delicious.

You cannot beat the location - across a road the beach is just there and in early winter is was open. I suspect in peak time you may be seeing more people than view, but there is a slightly raised platform you might sit at.

Overall, this is an expensive day out to the Island. Would I go back? No, for the amount of money spent I'd stay in Auckland city and try my luck there.

Date of visit: June 2023

Thanks for reviewing us, UteBloke. Your feedback is appreciated and we take it to heart. We are always looking for ways to increase customer satisfaction and will pass your comments along to our chefs about the fish and chips.

Reviewed 30 April 2023 via mobile

Possibly the worst service ever,My wife and myself,Went here to meet a friend,We eventually found a table,And I proceeded to go to the Bar,Bar for a drink,When the Young lady told me oh no we will take your drinks order at your table,So I went back to my table,And we waited for approximately 20 minutes,And still no service,So I was then slightly pissed off,And I approached the bar again to order drinks,Which the very unhelpful bar woman took my order,The place was a mess there was a very noisy group of people obvious very intoxicated,Making it uncomfortable for us,Avoiding this l place is a must,Take your money and go somewhere else

Reviewed 27 April 2023

We stayed in Onetangi for 4 days and ended up here 4 times. We had a late lunch, late dinner, and early lunch and this was the one place we could count on to be open and to have something that everyone could eat. The food was good, which was just a bonus at that point, and they have a full bar. The wait staff was friendly but often overworked, so sometimes you just had to flag them down. Worth a visit or 5 if you're in town.

Date of visit: April 2023
mat carpenter, Owner at Charlie Farley's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2023

Hi nickhex, that’s wonderful to hear. Thanks so much for leaving us a review. Have a wonderful day and hopefully we see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 April 2023

We visited multiple times for both breakfast and dinner over the last week. Excellent service and beautiful food and coffee. The young guy looking after our family & friends went above and beyond to cater to our vegan cousins and they were so appreciative to be treated with such consideration.

Thank you.

Date of visit: April 2023
Charlie Farleys, Marketing at Charlie Farley's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2023

Hi OnAir07086781204! Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us for both breakfast and dinner. We're thrilled to hear that you had an excellent experience with our service, food, and coffee. It's always our goal to accommodate all dietary preferences, and we're glad your vegan cousins felt well taken care of. We appreciate your support!