“Nice Lunch”

Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Pohara
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: About Us Plan B Cafe & Bar is a relaxing, cafe, bar and restaurant set in the popular beach village of Pohara. The Cafe is fenced for privacy and comfort and boasts ample outside dining in the garden area and restaurant courtyard for those warm summer days. We are open every day in summer from 11 am. GF and vegetarian options are readily available.
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Stopped in on a Sunday the two of us for a lunch after arriving, nice meal with a couple of beers in the sun, good friendly service.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Many of the kitchen staff seem to originate from France (especially the town of Gap) and so English and French are the two commonly spoken languages of this quirky cafe. Plan B boasts its own accommodation, but is very close to a large camping ground.
The food is wholesome and reasonably priced.
Plan B is located in Pohara, Golden Bay, in the far north of New Zealand's South Island. Pohara is a beach holiday destination with beautiful scenery in the locale.
If plan 'A' goes down the gurgler, then there's always Plan B.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I have been staying in Pohara for a while and I went to Plan B a while ago for dinner, it was amazing and I got the camembert melts along with other things. I was so impressed by the huge amount of cheese that I got and have been recommending it to everyone who will listen because of the huge amount of camembert there was and how good it was. When I went to Plan B last night I was so excited to order the cheese again and I was so disappointed that there was no where near half as much on the plate as I had last time and I've been telling all these people about how great it is! All the food was still delicious and the staff are very friendly and welcoming but because there was no change in price or menu item I am sad that I didn't get the same

ownerofplanb, Owner at Plan B Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thanks for your review. Our chefs like to change this up a little from time to time and they changed the Camembert Melts from seven small melts to five big melts! Still the same amount of cheese, still house-made plum sauce, still salad garnish, just a change from little to big. When they change the menu it's always an improvement. Talking about changing the menu we have a new menu out this Saturday! Check out our FB page for some photos of two of the new dishes.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Went there 2 nights running and really enjoyed both. The food was really good and plenty of it. The staff were very helpful and friendly and they played some great music. Both had the salmon one night and the steak and the lamb the 2nd night.All of them delicious and good portion sizes. Would definitely recommend this place to eat,especially in the beer garden.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

This place is a little gem!! I would like to keep it a secret but that just wouldn't be fair.
The accommodation is very comfortable clean and fresh, the owners have obviously spent a lot of money upgrading the bathrooms, kitchens and the units are freshly painted.
They have managed to provide motel accommodation whilst keeping the holiday beach bach feel. The owners and their team are world class and provide excellent friendly service. The food is fantastic and the Eggs Benedict is NOT to be missed. We will be back.