“Nice pub”
Review of Victoria Tavern

Victoria Tavern
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Small pub usually found with a small number of locals, always been friendly when I have been in. Doing some good fruit cider deals when last visited. Owner is friendly enough and locals no trouble, worth a try if your passing.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Needs a small amount of modernizing but good for a quick drink, or 2. And an evening out with good mates.

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Back in the day East Cowes was the industrial heartland of the Island where ships, planes, hovercraft and all sorts were built but those days are long gone and the heart of East Cowes appears to be slowly ripped out by the Red Funnel Ferry company.

The Victoria Tavern is off the beaten track, a few hundred yards along Clarence Road from the main square. I only spotted it as I was walking to the cemetery further along, noticed there was an "Autumn Madness" sign advertising White Knight ale at £2.50 a pint and knew I'd have a thirst on my way back into town! This was indeed the case and so I popped in for a couple. Unfortunately the glory days have long gone, it's a bit bare and I would guess only frequented by locals. I found the service was quick and I sat down to watch sport on the telly and read one of the provided papers. I didn't see much in the way of food on offer other than crisps etc (not that I asked) but the ale was good and this encouraged me to revisit a couple of days later. This time there was some "argy bargy" going on between two women but it soon died down.

Don't expect great atmosphere and a heaving bar but if you want a quiet honest drink then you could do worse than pop into the Victoria Tavern.

2  Thank nnmercman