“Top end of 4 star establishment”
Review of Ciarans

Ciarans
Ranked #8 of 117 Restaurants in Palolem
Cuisines: Indian, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Spotted this place on a walk along the beach and decided to return for dinner. Cool evening breeze and live music greeted us as we took our table. It was the end of season and only about 50% occupied Staff were pleasant and efficient and quickly took our order. Food took a little while to arrive as I had chosen the whole chicken tandoori but it was worth waiting for- well cooked and tender. My wife had prawns in butter and wine which was also very nice. Good quality food, efficient service at a reasonable price. Very pleasant evening at a reasonable price, can’t complain about that

1  Thank bluechippm

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Ciaran’s restaurant serves the most amazing food. We stayed in one of their beach huts and ate in the restaurant for the majority of our stay. We have tried 4 or 5 other restaurants and none come close to Ciaran’s.
The ambience of the place is spot on, located on the beach you can sit in the day time and gaze at the sea with a nice cool breeze. Maybe enjoy a jug of mojito or sangria, and a tasty bite to eat. At night time, the place is lit really well creating a relaxed and cosy atmosphere. Sat here towards the end of the season and Ciaran’s is one of the only restaurants left still doing plenty of trade. That’s down to the staff who are excellent and friendly, the feel of the place and the food.

Yes, the food. Where do I start? Everything was cooked to perfection with some of the best flavours I’ve experienced. Highlights were; herb encrusted pan seared tuna (best we’ve ever had), veg jaipuri, tandoori rock fish, seafood platter, Goan sausage naan. Ok you get the idea. It’s a little more expensive than some of the other places in Palolem, but still cheap compared to English prices.

If you’re in Palolem, take a visit. You won’t regret it.

1  Thank Villa1874_10
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Ciarans has the ambience of a casual night club with a little stage for performers to belt out an evening of popular English or Spanish music. A nice place to chill after a hot day on the beach.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I have visited this place many years ago and wanted to eat here again on my return visit. Ciarans still accumulated good reviews so I thought it would be a great evening. I feel they are a victim of their own success unfortunately, the food was very disappointing and I ate the worst prawn curry here in a long time. There must have been about 4 prawns in the whole curry. My two friends were equally disappointed with what they ordered. The restaurant was very busy and the service slow. I wouldn’t come here again. Plenty of other equally as good places to eat along the beach.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We chose Ciarans after hearing about them having live music on. We had a lovely meal but the evening was let down but the service as it was really slow to the point it took almost half an hour to get a milkshakes. When we received our food it was nice but we felt the price didn’t reflect the service we received as we struggled to get the waiters attention. I genuinely believe had the live music not been in, the service would’ve been much better. The staff were clearly struggling to keep up with the amount of people in the restaurant. However I could see their dedication and hard work but they were clearly struggling with the amount of people alongside power cuts which irritated customers more as they became so hot due to the fans being out action. I believe our visit isn’t a true reflection of Ciarans And we’ll plan in a visit next time we’re in South Goa as the food was genuinely lovely.