All reviews drying room self catering kitchen britannia inn national trust common room lake district bunk beds pretty village apple crumble great local pub outdoor enthusiasts shower facilities car park mobile phone signal skelwith bridge great langdale langdale valley
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A very nice and clean place very friendly staff set in a beautiful spot . The breakfast is well worth the money. Would not hesitate to stay again . With some good walks along the river was lucky enough to see a calf being born in one of the fields.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agnes M
ElterwaterManager, Manager at Elterwater Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thanks for the great review

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Stayed in this brilliant hostel for three nights. The staff,Pete and Andy are top lads. Extremely helpful and full of local knowledge and I had a good laugh with them. I can't say enough. Was super impressed with how much I enjoyed my time here. The location is fantastic also with beautiful vistas,walks,rivers and lakes right on the doorstep. The hostel is clean,comfy and homely and everything was up to scratch. I have stayed in H I establishments and YHA hostels before but found the Elterwater a lot more personable than those. I hope to return to the Lake District in the future and I will without doubt,be checking availability here before all other hostels.Thanks again lads for your hospitality.Hope to be back this way on my next biking/hiking trip!

Stayed: August 2017
ElterwaterManager, Manager at Elterwater Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Thanks for the great review

We'd love to see you back again

Reviewed 24 August 2017

LOVED IT HERE! WOULD 100% STAY AGAIN!
Very accomodating with super friendly staff, very clean and realy good rooms!

Kitchen area has facilities to allow you to store your own food and they even provide the basic essentials like tea and coffee free for customers to use.
Breakfast is offered for a small additonal fee which was very convinient for our group.

Staff were very helpful and friendly.

Would recommend to anyone wanting to explore the Lake District.

Room Tip: All rooms appeared clean! (we had a group of 12 of us stay, so used 3 rooms in total)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jamcons

Thanks for the fabulous review

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Would like to thank Pete and Andy for one of the best hosteling experiences I've ever had. Can't be honest enough when I say that they have the "gift of the gab" and that's coming from an Irishman. Top lads and they run a tight ship. Plenty of local knowledge and extremely helpful in any ways they could. If I am passing through this beautiful part of the world in the future,this is where I will stay,no questions asked. Hostel is clean,tidy and comfortable and the staff encourage people to chat and have a good oul' banter. Personable,comfortable and homely place to stay. English hospitality at it's best. Hats off to you's lads.Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Maybe suggest a front room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

"Gift of the gab"!! Cheers

I'll make sure Andy and Pete see your comments

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights with a few friends for a hiking trip. I've stayed at MANY hostels around the world over the years and can tell you the staff at this place went above and beyond. They were so helpful, knowledgable about the area and hikes, extremely friendly and very caring. One girl in our group forgot her backpack so they lent her one for our trek. Another girl was having terrible back pain so they brainstormed some temporary solutions (like heating a wet towel) since the shops were closed. The place was also very clean and the common rooms were warm and welcoming. It was also located in a convenient spot (we had a car) and there was plenty to do in the area. I would recommend this place to anyone. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for the lovely review