18 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Hotels.com
eDreams
5,291 results
All reviews gold floor luana lounge brown's deli hale kai brown's beach house spa without walls the big island north tower sea turtles fish sushi restaurant four seasons our honeymoon partial ocean view breakfast buffet turn down service private beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2021

A special place to travel post pandemic. The hotel was as expected and we were able to get an ocean front room because the rates were so reasonable (as compared to near by upscale properties) once the hotel was able to open again. We had coffee on the lanai every morning in front of the ocean. Pool and beach were well run with cabana rentals. All of the employees went out of their way to be helpful.
We ate most meals at the hotel and they were all great, loved Brown's Deli for take out breakfast and Brown's Beach for a special dinner. We ventured next door to the Mauna Lani Bay's Canoe House one night and had the worst meal/service of our entire stay.

Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
Barbara Nakamura, Other at Fairmont Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Diane, One of my favorite things to do is to enjoy coffee on the lanai. I was so happy to see that you took advantage of that and had such a fantastic view! The property and view are so amazing. So thankful you had such a wonderful stay. We really appreciate you taking the time to complete a review and leave such wonderful comments. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back sometime very soon! with warm aloha, Barbie Nakamura Director of Quality

Reviewed 12 May 2021 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated his birthday and our anniversary at the Fairmont. This resort was fabulous! The grounds were beautiful and our room was very nice! When we told the young lady(Renalyn)at check-in that we were celebrating these two occasions, she upgraded our room and added a $40 beverage and food credit to our account. We were very appreciative of her kindness and wonderful customer service. Each staff member that we encountered at this resort was very friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a wonderful and relaxing Hawaiian experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I was so happy to see that we were able to be a part of not only one but two celebrations! I will be sure to share your review with our front desk team. It will be so encouraging to get such wonderful feedback. I am so glad you gave us such a wonderful review and would recommend us! Reviews are so helpful in others making decisions where to stay, and we appreciate you taking the time to complete it! With warm aloha, Barbie Nakamura Director of Quality

Reviewed 9 May 2021 via mobile

The hotels was so beautiful,clean,like a paradise.The room was big with a garden view.The bathroom very nice,clean,big.They cleaned our room twice in 7 days because of covid which was ok.The grounda of the hotel were spectacular!So many plants,flowers,trees,etc.The self parking was free but pretty far from our room so be ready to walk.The beach was amazing,clean,lots of fish and turtles,great spot for snorkeling.The only complain I have is that on the beach there is no beach umbrellas ,not a lot of shade and if you wanted to rent a cabana it was $65-$85 per day,very expensive!!!They should put umbrellas like the ones at the pool on the beach too,not everybody wants to stay by the pool or wants to rent a very expensive cabana,just saying.The restaurants on the property were beautiful,pretty price but hei this is Hawaii.The food very good too especially the breakfast!
We loved our stayed for sure,very convinient location close to the airport too and there are some close shopping plazas to the hotel.One is walking distance and one 5 miles drive.
Thank you for a great babymoon.

2  Thank EmiliaGlavan

Emilia, Thankyou for giving us such a wonderful review! Congratulations on your babymoon! I hope we get to someday meet your new addition someday in the future! I appreciate your honest feedback and will be certain to share this with our team. You bring some great suggestions I know they will be glad to learn and consider. I hope you can return sometime very soon. With warm aloha, Barbie Nakamura Director of Quality

Reviewed 3 May 2021

This property is so beautiful, clean and the landscaping is stunning. My husband and I had a hard time deciding whether or not we wanted to leave the resort to explore the rest of the Island some days! There was so much to do on the resort that we definitely could have spent more days just doing activities at the hotel. We were also surprised at hose beautiful the wildlife was while snorkeling at the hotel’s beach.

The staff all around were super friendly and accommodating. Especially, Effrin at the front desk. She made sure my husband and I had the best experience possible as it was our honeymoon and we couldn’t have been more pleased with her level of customer service!

Overall, our stay was fantastic! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Date of stay: April 2021
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Mahalo for taking the time to leave such a wonderful rating! I am so happy to see that you highly recommend our wonderful property. I am excited to share your review with Efrelyn at the front desk. She is truly a shining star and we are so thankful she is welcoming so many guests! We can't wait to have you return! With warm aloha, Barbie Nakamura Director of Quality

Reviewed 30 April 2021 via mobile

Truly cannot say enough amazing things about this resort. Our 4th hotel during a two week vacation visiting various islands and this hotel was by far the best in every possible way. The service exceeded every expectation, the rooms and bathrooms were luxurious and spacious and extremely clean, Covid procedures were most impressive, the property pool and beach area were the absolute best and the property restaurant and bars were phenomenal and open. In light of Covid most hotel restaurants and bars were still very limited or closed completely, but not at the fairmont, all of the food and drinks were exceptional. Service was literally incredible, such super helpful staff gave us the best suggestions for where to go, they gave us a free parking pass for volcanoes national park without us asking, delivered incredible chocolates to our huge epic gorgeous room, and the pool service and restaurants were amazing. The beach hut even has free snorkel gear. Honestly they just take care of everything and make it super easy and during Covid that is just what we needed. All the staff went above and beyond to the point where we just are so grateful to have landed here. It really made our trip. Don’t consider any other hotel on the big island, this is sooo worth it and we will definitely be back.

Date of stay: April 2021
2  Thank Krystin22
Barbara Nakamura, Other at Fairmont Orchid, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Krystin, Mahalo for your incredible review. I was so happy to see that your stay was so amazing! I was glad to see so much of your stay was so impressive, clean and you found the hotel to be the best in every possible way. Our staff has such a strong desire to exceed every guests expectation and was glad that your stay was like that! I was most excited to see that you definitely will be back! It will be wonderful to have you return! With warm aloha, Barbie Nakamura Director of Quality