“Great personnel and tasty food to a reasonable price”
Review of Apple's Eye

Apple's Eye
Ranked #39 of 119 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$1 - US$23
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

So far we've eaten here twice on our week long holiday. The personnel is really friendly and efficient and even when the restaurant is full you'll get your food in max 15 minutes. Yes, they don't take the order at the table and you have to fetch drinks yourselves but it's so worth it.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Ordered at the bar and took a seat
Best rare burger with all the trimmings
Her ‘come outdoors’ had the crispy chicken sandwich in a tempura style coat.
The little I tasted was really yummy.

In spite of the world and his wife being there to be ‘seen’ on this public holiday. The service was not slow and the waiters quite chatty as they served & cleared.

I’ll be back - as the big fella’ said

Reviewed 29 April 2018

I think there has been a change of management! The food was awful - I asked for cinnamon toast - not deep fried bread which then took on the most revolting flavour of the fat/oil. It was truly horrid.

Now, we are all capable of making mistakes and I would not be saying this if my complaint had been handled differently. To begin with, I complained to the waiter who said virtually nothing. He clearly did not pass it on as nothing happened for half an hour. I had by this time - left the toast, as it was inedible.

After a large party who had been there playing bingo inside the restaurant had left - I went in to talk to the manager. He clearly did not want to talk to me. He told me it wasn't his fault as:
a) he had been very busy
b) the oil on Malta was dreadful and everything tasted disgusting when fried with it
c) cinnamon toast is always done this way in Lithuania - which is where I think he said he was from and to which he repeatedly referred.

At no time did he apologise either for the food - or for not addressing the issue.

This was a terrible experience - he was rudeness personified and the food was the pits - what a pity as this was a really good place and it occupies a unique and advantageous position near the hotel.

I would urge people to stay away - the hotel has its own cafes - and close by, by car or bus are many others which trump this one by miles.

4  Thank Annette B
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Food is good, dessert is incredible... choose from Mars cake, Snickers, Twix, Rocher, Bueno... the list goes on. You are truly missing out if you don’t try it at least once! The picture below is Rocher on the right and Bueno(or nutty bar as it’s called) on the left.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant yesterday with my cousin. My order was taken wrong and when the waiter (young man with braces) brought me the wrong pizza and i friendly told him that it was not what i ordered he really rudely said that he just brought me what was written in my order. I told him that i'm a vegetarian and can't eat the pizza he brought because it had ham in it. He just walked away with the pizza and said nothing. After about 15 minutes he brought the right pizza and just slammed it in to the table. I said thank you and he just walked away without saying a word. I felt really awful and when we left the restaurant i said to him that he had been really rude to me and had acted like a small baby. He just shrugged his shoulders and said "I know". He couldn't have cared less. I have never had this bad service anywhere before ever.

3  Thank MarianneM2309