“HUGE BEACH NEXT TO A LAGOON”

Playa de Maspalomas
Ranked #2 of 38 things to do in Maspalomas
Reviewed 6 October 2018

My husband and I travelled here with a Royal Caribbean cruise excursion, Unfortunately, the day was cloudy and the beach was a few hours from the port. While the ride over was pleasant and we were able to see a lot of the communities on the way we felt that it was too far a distance to travel in such a short period of time and we felt rushed and not able to enjoy our time here. The water was a bit on the cool side and the facilities were far from the drop off point. Toilets had a fee. If you enjoy beaches it was a truly wide and beautiful one and the wildlife in the lagoon was quite amazing. We would not travel there in the short window provided by a cruise, though.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,345)
All reviews
in 145 reviews
"ingles"
in 135 reviews

Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Our fav place to walk later in afternoon then get a coffee. Beautiful scenery and perfect beaches to walk along on the edge of the sea

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Okay, the beach is pretty good, however, I would stress mostly cons here. 1st - no toilets. 2nd - impossible to park your car ( I found free 25 minutes from). 3rd - hide waves. Well, it is definitely pros if you like waves, but if you are with a kid - I am not sure this beach is for you.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Visited this beach as was staying close by in San Agustin. The beach itself is beautiful and the dunes dramatic and great fun to scale.

Now there is the issue of nudism..

I recognised the fact that people, (mostly the Germans) may want to bare all, which is their freedom, but there seems to be NO section of Maspalomas beach where MY freedom of not wanting to be subjected to breasts, bums and willies is respected, which is unreasonable. Personally it doesn't impress me as a health care professional, as I see those assets all the time and to be honest, some of what I saw may need urgent medical attention!! You could tell those who were just trying to show off what they had

The beach is near several five star hotels that usually would have been on my list of places to stay, but I'm actually very glad that I didn't choose then for that reason alone.

It seems to be the place to come if you want to flaunt your bits, so please beware if you are not that way inclined - I suggest you find a quiet, more family friendly beach, of which there are a few, if you want to enjoy the sights of the sea, sand and landscape, without being subjected to body parts swaying in the wind.. I wish someone had told me before I got there.

1  Thank cr8ted2praze
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Starting from the busy Playa del Ingles it's a good 3 - 4 mile walk to Playa de Meloneras. There are quiet bits near the spectacular dunes and away from the hotels. If you walk barefoot (recommended) you will have to walk along the waterline as the dry sand is too hot to stand on for any length of time and too soft to walk on.
This beach has a lot of naturism on display (and some of it not at all attractive) so you may want to think twice about coming here with children.