All reviews sea view economy room breakfast was buffet style packed breakfast safe deposit box we spent most of the time waiter service favorite hotel both lunch and dinner waiters waitresses hot options junior suite enjoyable stay pool towels location is fantastic per day top floor
Reviewed 20 July 2017

We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights B&B booked as a package through Jet 2 Holidays. We didn't pay extra for a sea view room so we had one of the side rooms with no view. The room did have a balcony and some late afternoon sun. We would normally have preferred the sea view but with the restaurants/pool area all overlooking the beach/town and as we spent most of the time outside of the room we felt that it wasn't an issue, and a reasonable option if you want to keep the cost down. However,they were subject to some noise as there is a lot of staff movement/deliveries on that side of the hotel. The rooms are fairly basic but very clean. The hotel provides a kettle and tea/coffee (which we were not aware of prior to arrival).This was a bonus but you do have to keep asking room service if you want to top up the coffee/tea/milk sachets as it does not appear as though it is done automatically. We thought the breakfasts were fine and although we understand others criticism of the hot food, it's not an English Hotel with 'Full English' on the menu. We ate for 2 nights in the restaurant and at 26 euros per person we felt that the 4 course meal was reasonable value based on our experience of hotel prices. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives in town however. We did not have any issues with the staff, having no problems at check in. Everyone was friendly and the waiters/waitresses were very efficient. The location is the biggest plus with great coastal views. One issue is the high cost of hiring a safe deposit box (29 euros for a week) as many others have mentioned!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Villan64
Gran Hotel Reym... S, Director Comercial at Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Client,
Thanks for your review. Thanks for the information. It has given us a very good feed-back about what we are doing find and about what we can improve. Thanks for enjoying your stay and finding the special experience we are trying to do at the Premier Gran Hotel Reymar.
We really hope to have the chance of seeing you again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

A very comfortable hotel with very friendly staff, reasonable bar prices, a good pool with plenty of sunbeds and spectacular views.
I can only advice to go room only, the coffee is warm and wet and the best I can say about the food is that it is style over substance lovely swirls on the plate and geometric shapes but KFC or McDonald's would be both tastier and more filling.
I doubt I'd go again.
Top tip Don Juan bar in the old town, great beer, great tapas fantastic atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris S
Gran Hotel Reym... S, Director Comercial at Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Chris,
Thanks for your information. We like that you enjoyed the location and views and we are sorry becouse your review does not match your score. Also, we are sorry to read that you did not enjoyed our meal proposal with products from the local market.
Of course, we will work harder to improve and surprise you on a positive if we have the chance to see you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Had a 5 night stay from 28/06/2017 for our wedding anniversary. We had a thoroughly wonderful time however .... a few issues need to be mentioned.
On the plus side, hotel was clean and comfortable and lots of different areas to relax.
Hotel on a slight incline so may be a little difficult for anyone with mobility issues.
Beautiful location and stunning views.
Pool area rather nice with a rooftop area which was less crowded. Towels provided.
Around the pool there was one issue, guests putting towels on loungers and not using them until late afternoon. We noticed a family of approx 6 who had towels laid out by around 7.45am and then not using them until well into the afternoon. It's totally wrong for guests to be allowed to do this. On a previous holiday elsewhere there were signs up that if you marked your loungers and didn't use them within 30 minutes the towels would be removed so other guests could use them!
Breakfast: 8am - 10am
Buffet - Good selection of continental food but very disappointed with the bacon, sausage and scrambled egg .... all cold!The cooked foods were in lidded containers that are usually used to keep food hot on a buffet! Very disappointing!
No real toaster ... the small thing they had only warmed bread up, needed to be left for several minutes if you wanted it browning and then it was rock hard!
The head waiter (guessing he was head waiter in white jacket) never spoke or even smiled .... just paraded about watching waiters/waitresses.
Now to the hotel room/reception. This could have spoilt our holiday/wedding anniversary but we wouldn't let that happen!
Upon entering our room, I was horrified to see no balcony, should have read the details more thorough prior to booking! Never again, a holiday is not a holiday to me without a balcony. Having said that, the room was clean but basic!
We went back to reception to ask if we could be upgraded to room with balcony, it didn't matter whether it was a pool view, sea view so long as we had a balcony. My husband spoke to Lyana (think that was her name) asking if we could upgrade and her response was "you are in an economy room, no balcony". She said there were no balcony rooms other than a junior suite which would cost 430 euros or 450 euros, not certain! This was not a problem so we asked could we see the suite before we made a decision. At this point, the look on her face said it all .... didn't seem to want to take us and show us and she kept repeating how much it was and it would need to be paid straight away. That was not an issue but the way she was dealing with us made us feel we were putting her out! She was not professional with us whatsoever. I looked at her name badge and I think she had a rethink about her attitude and began to smile. It was too late by then, she just came across as if we were being a nuisance. If she told us once she said it several times we had booked an economy room! We knew what we had booked but didn't expect what we saw, well I was disappointed my husband was fine with the basic room. Anyway, upon going into the 'Junior Suite' there was NO way we were paying the extra for the room, it was no way a 'suite' of any description in my eyes. It had an extra space with a sofa, that didn't look too inviting, not a comfortable looking area at all. I decided I would manage for 5 nights in the basic room although I asked her if any rooms came available with a balcony would she let us know and we would pay extra. Lyana agreed to let us know but at no point during our 5 night stay did she update us to say none were available, pretty poor service. I also asked the night receptionist later when the other had gone and she said she would let us know but no update from her either. Customer service very poor.
Wifi absolutely rubbish.
On a positive note Jesus and David, bar tenders were the best two members of staff, very helpful each and every day, considering the long hours they seem to have been working, they were a credit to the hotel.
There was a bad smell of drains / sewage outside the bar area just before you go up steps to pool when it was quite hot.
Although we were extremely disappointed with the reception staff we would stay again but made sure we booked a room with balcony!!
My review sounds rather negative but it is the third time in 25 years I have been to this hotel and would return and recommend but I do hope your reception staff are given more training to be more polite, helpful and courteous. The attitude from that person made me feel uncomfortable and when I saw the look on her face when my husband asked to see the suite really disappointed me. Didn't feel we were valued customers at the hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Gran Hotel Reym... S, Director Comercial at Gran Hotel Reymar & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Dear guest,

Thanks for your information. Thanks for letting us know what you liked and what you did not liked so much and We will take it into account all of it in order to improve and surprise you if we have the chance to see you again.
Yours sincreley,

Reviewed 4 July 2017

The hotel was good; rooms quite small, but it was nice to have a balcony with a lovely view. The extremely friendly staff made the stay so much better - Thanks! The water in the pool was too cold, so our son got sick straight after using the swimming pool; hence, unfortunately, we did not use it too much. Food was very average and the coffee from the coffee machine at breakfast unpalatable. So we would recommend going to restaurants like Sacalma Food & Drink or Da Giovanni, which are in close proximity, but at least food is delicious there. Drinks in the bar were very nice. Spa was fine; the 1 h massage - very good and the kids area enjoyable for small kids.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna P

Dear Anna,
Thanks for your information. We like to hear about how you liked our staff and the lovely view.
Right now the water in the pool is 24º and increasing becouse the temperature outside is aroung 30's.
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Having read the reviews of the hotel we were really looking forward to staying here and while it is fair to say we had a great holiday in Tossa de Mar, and this hotel had many fantastic features, I have to also add that there were a few things that let it down.
First of all what the hotel did well it did very well and overall most people would agree that it is a very nice hotel. The views from the restaurants and the roof areas are fantastic, as good as you will get anywhere.
Now the food, we were on half board and you could have either lunch or dinner as part of the deal. Both of these options are waiter service and the hotel has service off to a fine art. There are four courses for both lunch and dinner and I would say they are all in the "fine dining" style.....in other words very small portions and not all to everyones taste. Having said that, whenever we dined in we did not leave hungry despite the small portions, more we usually felt that we had not had food that we had enjoyed.
Breakfast was buffet style. I thried the cooked breakfast the first morning.....the bacon was poor, the scrambled eggs were very sloppy and the sausage did not look fully cooked. Howvever.....the continental breakfast was the best I have had anywhere....a fantastic choice of cooked meats, cheese, cereal, fruit, pastries etc etc....in fact I was glad the cooked items were so bad as I really enjoyed my ontinental breakfast every day.
The rooms are very comfortable, we like a harder bed, the aircon was just right and they are kept very clean. Ours had tea/ coffee making equipment but the hotel does not supply tea or coffee.....although they dont tell you that!
The pool area was never full and thede were plenty of beds apart from the ones under the shades that some guests had "booked" with towels....but hardly ever used them.
The jacussi pool looked great and we could nof wait to use it but we had to come out because of the awfull smell of the drains beside it.
The staff are either very friendly or they ignore you.
Also a negative point is the expensive cost of renting a safe...it was free in another hotel where we stayed here last year.
As others have said the wifi is a joke.
The hotel has a fantastic location in a lovely place and many of my complaints are minor and we tended to just joke about it. We wil certainly come back to Tossa de mar again but maybe will look at other hotels before we book.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Bob,
Thanks for letting us know that you had a great holiday and that the hotel has fantastic features.
Of course, we will also take into account all your information in order to improve and surprise you in a positive way if we have the chance to see you again.