All reviews the river nice hotel business trip swimming pool next morning jazz festival clean rooms spa area nice food fitness room croissants breakfast buffet would stay again sunday morning cookies energy saving enjoy the view
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

About 4 minutes walk from the train station. It was easy to find. The receptionist was friendly. My room was basic. No floor carpeting.They made different sandwiches and deserts for those with food allergies.
Only glitch is the food served at dinner. When you write that you are lactose intolerant, you automatically get a no milk, no gluten, etc etc food/ desert. I ended up with a fruit salad which l hate as a desert. Unfortunately the waitress couldn't change it so l gave my desert to a colleague. Dear hotel chain, lactose intolerant people do eat milk. I actually love it. These days Tine produces, lactosefri melk, smør, fløte, etc. And you are a big chain, you can negotiate prices. Its very possible to serve us cakes too without changing it completely.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Qualitykong, Manager at Quality Hotel Grand Kongsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest review, we really appreciate it.

I do understand your frustration about your intolerance and our lack of being creative, I will definitely give your feedback to our kitchen department about this.

Hope you overall had a good stay with us, hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Brilliant stay at the Grand Hotel, they made me feel welcome and provided the best customer service of any hotel I have stayed at. The food and bar facilities are excellent and never fail to disappoint.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

THANK YOU for another kind review, David. We really appreciate it:-)

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We have stayed here two times, so far, and are definitely coming back. The hotel has lovely spacious and tastefully decorated rooms, perhaps the best hotel breakfast I've had in Norway and a chlorine free pool that is so relaxing! The staff is super friendly (especially the kitchen staff who always greet you with warm smiles as they clear tables during breakfast and wish you a good morning). There is generally a warm, welcoming atmosphere throughout the hotel.

I feel the need to mention that during our first stay in September 2017, we were somewhat disappointed to learn that our bathroom had not been cleaned, unfortunately we had arrived late, so the hotel wasn't able to rectify it that night, which was fine. We were however saddened when they didn't contact us in the morning and offer to clean it while we were at breakfast, which would have been nice. Instead, we showered in the spa, as we had planned a morning dip in the pool. The reception staff apologized and was very sorry for the incident when we talked to them upon check out. BUT: All honor to the service manager, who contacted us after reading our remarks on the matter on the hotels visitor questionnaire and personally apologized as well and offered us a gift card for a future stay. Of course, these things can happen, and when they do, it's so lovely to meet staff who are truly proud of their workplace, and show such generosity to rectify our disappointment. This was obviously a glitch, and the review is based on the entirety of our experience.

We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Qualitykong, Manager at Quality Hotel Grand Kongsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for your honest and warm review which is much appreciated.

I am once again sorry for the bad experience you had in September, but pleased to hear that we managed to turn it around to something positive. This actually makes my day, to know that you still want to come back to us:-)

Welcome!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

A very nice and quiet place with riverside and a very clean hotel with good variety of choices for the breakfast and dinner.
The hotel staff was very helpful.

The town is clean and tidy with quite traffic and well organized.

The weather was nice and helped to go for a site seeing from time to time after working hours

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Thank Said .
Qualitykong, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Grand Kongsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Said,

Thank you so much for your feedback. :)
We really appreciate it.
I hope we will see you again soon!

Charlotte Odden
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Spent 6 night at the hotel which is very nice.
People at the Reception very helpful and smiling, always make me feel confortable.
Breakfast was superb with an exceptional variety of food...maybe some more options for the sweet.
SPA area excellent, clean and in good condition (to be completed the steam room could be added).
My room and Housekeeping doesn't make me very happy.
The room size is okish but the bed is too small and the way it is prepared in not nice (duvet just folded) made me feel to be back in the navy.
The toilet is small and the sink even smaller. Towels replaced every day even if not requested, as per energy saving notice, and I found few signs which made me think that the cleaning was not very accurate.
Overall is a good hotel but the front beat the back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Qualitykong, Manager at Quality Hotel Grand Kongsberg, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review, we really appreciate it! First I am happy to read about your experience with both the reception and the restaurant. I am pleased that you enjoyed the spa as well. Second I would like to say sorry for the lack of cleaning of your room, this is not how it should be and something I am not happy to hear. I hope you talked to us in the reception during your stay so we could work out the problems. Hope you would like to give us a second chance. Welcome back!