“Amazing experience at Mikkelparken”
Review of Mikkelparken

Mikkelparken
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Kinsarvik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

At around 930pm, after driving 10 hours from stavanger, I stumbled upon Mikkelparken just looking for a local place to eat before heading back on the road towards Bergen. I wasn't even sure what it was, but I saw a lot of people and cars and figured it might be a restaurant or campground. Just before arriving I had driven along the fjord on the opposite side of the inlet only to find out the road was closed just before getting to the ferry. Thus I had to turn around a drive all the way back to Odda and then all the way along the fjord again to drive across the bridge on this side of the fjord. Upon stopping at Mikkelparken I was greeted by a smiling gentleman, named Lars, who warmly asked how he could help. I inquired if there were any restaurants around to get a hot meal other then the local gas station I had just stopped at which didn't have much to eat. I told him the story about how I had to drive an extra two hours due to the road closure and let him know I was trying to make it to Voss for the night. He let me know that there wasn't any local restaurants around but offered to make me a plate of food from the buffet they had just wrapped up for a local bus company. Since it was getting dark and late I accepted his offer. He brought me into a quiet area to eat away from the bustling party. A few minutes later he brought out a delicious plate of food including roasted chicken, potatoes and vegetables. It was great as I hadn't eaten much during the day due to my schedule and trying to make it to Bergen before dark. After my detour it was already late and I was getting tired. After finishing my delicious meal, I asked him if he had any rooms for one person I could rent for the night. He mentioned that he only had 3 bedroom cabins and they were a little more then I wanted to spend considering I was just a solo traveler. He then offered to give me a discount as I'm sure he could tell I was tired. I took him up on the offer as he was so kind and generous to provide me with a warm meal. Upon entering the cabin I was amazed to see how clean and stylish it was. It had a nice seating area with a large couch, a large dining room table, a full kitchen and nice sized bathroom. It also had 3 bedrooms and an insane view of the water and surrounding mountains. I felt so relieved to have stumbled upon this place and even though it was geared towards a children's amusement park, the cabin was perfect for any adult just looking for a quiet place to stay with amazing views. I had a great night of sleep, a long hot shower and felt great the next morning as I headed out on the road again. Upon checking out, Lars offered me a hot breakfast but I graciously declined as I wanted to get an early start. I can't thank Lars and his staff enough for making me feel like family. If he treats a total stranger(not even staying at his hotel at first) just coming off the street this great, I can only imagine how he treats all the families and kids that come to stay at his beautiful park and lodging. Next time I'm in Norway,I will definitely be back again to stay longer at Mikkelparken

1  Thank Tim H

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

A fantastic get away for teens, adults and little kids.
They have activities for the youngest kids. They have things for the teens.
Food and beverages are available too.
It’s a long beautiful drive out of Bergen. Well worth it.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Mikkel Parken is the perfect place to visit if you have kids in the age of 3 to 7. The park is 2 1/2 hours drive out of Bergen along the beautiful Hardanger fjord. 6 hours will do in the park, and if leaving Bergen early you can return to Bergen the same day. There are many activities for smaller kids both indoor and outdoor. I recommend to visit the park on a sunny day to use the nice toddler pools and toddler water park. You can bring your own food and grill it in the park, and the park has a good salad bar that goes well with barbecue food ;-)

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed in cabin 7, which could easily sleep 6 single people and more if you had couples or 2 families. It is definitely a family park with many families using the camping facilities even though that is not why we were there. there is a Spar close by (5 mins walk) and Gloyp restaurant, which was excellent. The cabin was well appointed, had everything that you might need if you wanted to cook, very clean and very quiet at night.
The front desk was quite helpful.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 June 2016

So I went here with family members, good to have a extra auntie there to help out I guess :P we were 4 adults and 4 kids (from the ages of 1-8)
This was a great place to hangout for 2 days.
A lot of fun stuff for the kids to do, like a few rides, swimming pools and the kids get to meet Mikkel and Mikkeline.

This is super perfect for children between 4-8 years ol (some kids over 8, might find some of it too be to boring and childish)

The park has BBQs you can use inside the park to grill what you wanted.. AWESOME!

The only thing I didn't like about the park that things like face paint for kids, should have had some kind of age limit. When 14year olds are getting their faces painted and kids at the page of 5 can`t get their faces painted because of the older kids (too old kids in my opinion)