All reviews nice hotel private sauna old fashioned the main street whirlpool bathtub location is great walking street superior room star hotel working internet rooms are clean denmark town comfort
Reviewed 19 February 2018

The Palads Hotel is centrally located in Viborg, which is sort of their ace, as the Hotel seems to need a major overhaul. If you fancy museum like interior, it's like entering a time warp back in time. Cleaning is average, and the rooms are below average in comfort.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Niels L
Ole B, Direktør at Palads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

I can see that you have stayed in our main building where we try to hold the atmosphere from the Danish TV serie Matador. If you prefer our rooms with Jacuzzi, sauna and kitchen ask for a room or a suite in one of our new buildings. These rooms are a bit more expensive but you get a lot for the money

Reviewed 7 December 2017

It´s a nice little place for a night or two. If you like Danish culture (or want to learn a bit about it) it is a funny place, as a lot of Danish actors and artists have stayed in this hotel. Many of them have their pictures or posters on the walls with their signature on them. Rooms are decent, quite old-fashioned - which to me was a plus. Breakfast really good - maybe the best I have had in a 3 star hotel. Service not so good - when I arrived, the receptionist chose to let me wait 8 minutes for check-in while he waited on a table in the restaurant - instead of letting the table wait for those 15 seconds, which he used for handing me the key and telling me where to go after my wait...

Room tip: Cosy main building where all the rooms are named after persons from the famous (in Denmark) Danish tv-series "Matador"
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
palads, Direktør at Palads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased to hear that you liked our hotel. We have different buildings and they are build over more than 100 years. Therfore there is great differens from room to room. I am sorry about a receptionist who was slow to help you. If you will send me more details about the man or the time I will talk to him. Send to ole(at)hotelpalads(dot)dk please.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Went there for whole week. Location is great as just downtown. In partially pedestrian area so getting there may cause problems first time. Consists of several building so may be going for breakfast you walk outdoors and like 150 meters. Not good when it rains (typical for DK). Well working internet. I stayed in building C - little bit used and old. Should be refurbished.

Trip type: Travelled on business
palads, Manager at Palads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your review.
It is always possible to drive to the hotel. However between 11.00 and 23.00 you will have to enter through the street called Dumpen.
In case of rain we have free umbrellaes in the reception

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Palads has a very central location in town. We made reservation 2 months ago, but become a lousy room with a very soft bed between wall and a pillar, so we have to crawl in bed. The room was small and had a worned bathroom. Breakfast was very good, but restaurant rather crowded.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
palads, Manager at Palads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you for your comment.
I am sorry that you got one of our economy rooms. We were fully booked on this night and we had to use all our rooms as this was the last room in town. Horever you might have payed to high a price. As i can not find your correct mail adres I can not return the monney. Please contact me at ole(at)hotelpalads(dot)dk

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in Palads several times. Mostly because the central location only a few steps away from shopping and restaurants. It is however getting clearer and clearer that some parts of this hotel is out of date. It makes it difficult to keep clean and up to snuff. I would like to give Palads a few more stars only because of the friendly and serviceminded staff, but the rest is to shabby. Low water pressure in the shower and it smells of sulfide. They even cut back on the breakfast buffet lately.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
palads, Direktør at Palads Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Palads hotel has alwayes had older and new building. The older is cheaper and there is excactly the same number of cheap rooms as ever.
The water preasure is onchanged but if our guest try to fill all of our 50 jaquzzies at the same time the preassure might drop.
We would never cut back on the breakfast wich is open until 11 o¨clock