“Fifty fifty”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Herne Hill
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2021

Anniversary lunch with extended family, 50/50 happy / no so. Fish was great, steaks overcooked, deserts nice.
Disappointed bar staff told us no beer available only wine. Ordered Shiraz that was delicious but as it was a hot day would have preferred a beer. Returned to the bar with different staff and now beer was available???
Overall mixed bag, some aspects very good but then other bits took away from the meal.

Date of visit: April 2021
simon b, Owner at Sittella Winery and Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2021

We do serve beer and have an extensive range of beers , so I find that comment very surprising

Write a reviewReviews (465)

Reviewed 23 March 2021

On a hot day dining inside the aircon was turning off regularly saving money I gather on electricity bill, plus they had the door opened wide and heat came in. Not acceptable, plus we are talking a 37 C deg day. Food was not so great, very average and drink choice like cocktails poor. It’s a case of you have to drink their wines. We won’t be back. Had not been there in 9 years and nothing has changed. Wanted to give it another go, but never again. One waitress answers you back, she’s right, oh, not nice. If your a celebrity in WA dining there the manager or owner makes sure you and your guests are well looked after. Cheers!!

Date of visit: March 2021
simon b, Owner at Sittella Winery and Cafe Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

I have never instructed the staff to turn off the air conditioners to save money ,as I want the best possible environment for the customer. I assume it was an extremely hot day and the air conditioning was struggling with the heat. I acknowledge your experiences was not what you wished but some of your comments are unlikely to be true .Hope you find an alternative restaurant that suits your tastes and feelings

Reviewed 1 March 2021

We had a wonderful Saturday Lunch at this packed to capacity venue. Why they call themselves a Cafe is a surprise as everything about them is Restaurant standard. Great staff, venue and menu so they have the whole package. As regular diners out we can say this venue currently is the best in the Swan Valley

Reviewed 19 February 2021

Our little party of three enjoyed a great lunch experience, on a mild day on the deck that overlooks vineyards. The menu had some interesting options, but we all chose the fixed price menu - this had bread and dip to start, then a choice of 5 or 6 dishes for main course and a choice of 3 desserts. We all agreed that our choices were delicious. Our waitress took care to ask when we would like to be served the next course. This was appreciated as it gave us time for uninterrupted conversation. Soft music was playing and it was appropriate and added something to the ambience. Overall it was excellent value for money, and we will return.

2  Thank Murray J
Reviewed 17 February 2021

Book a table last Sunday, only to be rung up on the Wednesday to be told my booking was cancelled, when I tried to talk to the person they basically hug up on me.
I would go somewhere else. That's my wedding anniversary screwed up.