Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
7,908 results
All reviews premium dining gold apartment silver room red coats self catering sky bar yacht club tots visited butlins burger king love butlins on site next year fairground rides splash waterworld food court go karts
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It had been a couple of years since we last stayed with Butlins. There have been a few changes to the site from our previous visit, we really appreciated the fair this year with the introduction of new-retro-rides such as the waltz, twister and chair swing.

Some of the activities we were unable to book, despite checking the app prior to our visit, but we were able to book in to the majority that we wanted to do. As usual the entertainment was great quality and child friendly. We especially enjoyed the circus and animal FX show. Our son was a little disappointed not to be able to watch the skyline gang (his favourite show when we visit) due to covid-testing. However Butlins were fantastic in arranging alternative entertainment during those slots, and he was over the moon to be able to meet rainbow and have his photo at the end of our stay.

The room was tidy, however not as clean as we expect and missing trays/oven dishes to cook with. Beds were comfortable.

Food choices were ok, we're a vegan family and we had options available at a few venues across the site when we planned to dine out.

Staff were brilliant, from the red coats to the cleaners, everyone friendly and happy to help.

Looking forward to returning again next year.

Date of stay: August 2021
Guest Relations, General Manager at Butlin's Skegness Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hi Lorraine,

We are always thrilled to hear from our guests and we appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So having stayed over the weekend 20th-23rd, I must say this was very disappointing, the whole complex needs cheering up, it looks and feels out-dated. You pay decent money for your break but then they want to charge £5 pp for the circus and other activities, The fairground was non-existent with only two rides operational. Drinks were bitterly expensive and a cheap getaway becomes a fortune!

On the positive, the caravan we stayed in was excellent quality, clean comfortable and came with good WI-FI.

The free entertainment was OK also, a couple of X-Facter Sunday dinner singers and BGT Twist And Pulse made it worth staying.

My advice......

Go abroad!

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and letting our other guests hear about your experiences at Butlin’s.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the most amazing time ever! We come as a family of about 30 every year. Butlins topped all experiences so far. I highly recommend a family comes as an adventure. There is entertainment for the whole family.

Hi there,

It’s lovely to hear how much you enjoyed your time at Butlin’s. We’re pleased you and your family loved the entertainment. We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely shocking how money grabbing butlins is now,DO NOT EXPECT TO EAT HEAR, DO NOT EXPECT ENTERTAINMENT DO NOT EXPECT TO LEAVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM AS THERE IS NOTHING TO DO! we arrived last Monday and it was absolutely packed out ,way to any guests on site as all the entertainment was fully booked,all the activities were fully booked, all the restaurants fully booked, if you wanted a walk in dinner you would have to que for a good 2 hours, we had a week there unfortunately and it cost me over a thousand pound taking my family off site to do activities because butlins was completely booked up, I feel that I paid 1000 for the week for a very expensive hotel room, it's hot a holiday complex it's just a hotel as they have absolutely nothing to offer you.. no entertainment, no activities no food ‍♀️‍♀️ I tryed to speak to management and was pulled aside by the finance manager who told me I needed another app to book entertainment. Oh and a third app to book food and drink so that's 3 apps for one site, he showed me this third app and how to book but then quickly realised oh we are full up now so u carnt do anything sorry. No offer at all of oh you hear for a week with 5 children with nothing how else can we help. The ques are insane!!! It really worries me for the people who aren't lucky enough to drive there and are just stuck there with nothing to do or eat for that matter, there is nothing enough food for the amount of ppl they cram on this site it's very unsettling. If your going for entertainment then the a radio as u will not get in any of the shows, the biggest letdown is the activities all booked up. I did manage to get paint a pot on our very last day but it was £5 per child (3 children £15) then when you grt in they tell you oh you now have to by the post for £10 so that's a whopping £45 to paint a dam pot, how crazy is that,

Butlins stop money grabbing and bring back the family holidays instead of this day light robbery for practicaly a very over priced hotel room

Not a holiday at all. You better off bying a tent and camping in your local park ateast you can go on the side s and not que for hours with small children

1  Thank debbiesU4845LB
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you don’t have the meal plan your felt like your not welcome.

We went to Butlins last year and to quote my kids - they had the best holiday ever. This year in Skegness, we felt unwelcome.

There are 5 restaurants in the resort but every time we went to ask for a table “they were fully booked” (empty tables could been seen everywhere).

I went to the Dock and before I asked about a reservation or table, I was meet with ‘this is a premium service’

We tried to book on shows before and during our stay but the app never worked.

We eventually decided to eat in but didn’t have enough kitchen utensils, plates etc. There was 6 of us staying in a Gold apartment and we had 2 pans and 1 frying pan - six plates etc. However my in-laws joined us and they were self-catering but had nothing but beds in their room - they ate with us (my kids had to eat before us so we could use plates)

We have tried to book bowling - this was fully booked with no one using the lanes at all.

I have never seen so many spiders in my life the apartment was fully of them.

The beds were horrendous.

If you have kids aged 8 and upwards Butlins isn’t for them. I had to take the kids into Skegness to entertain them.

We raised our concerns to Butlins on Saturday after the ‘premium’ comment, we explained our issues etc - told we would get a call on Sunday but nothing! We arrived back home today and called Butlins again to be meet with ‘you should have raised the issues earlier!

Butlins don’t give a …… once they’ve had your money — save your money book a Caravan or go abroad.

2  Thank CraigC1183