“Restaurant is worth the drive”

Ristorante Castel Toblino
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Calavino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Our party of four loved this restaurant. We were a bit underwhelmed by the small Lago di Toblino, but we all agreed that the restaurant in the castle made up for it. The quality and beauty of the food surprised us for the prices. We spent about €50 per person. (Only two in our party split a small bottle of wine.) Dining here was an experience. We had excellent service and a gorgeous setting as we ate on the terrace overlooking the water. It’s about an hour drive from our home and we’ll make the trip again.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Beautiful location, excellent service and innovative food. One warning your GPS won't take you to the correct location. Find the town and continue to head north and you can't miss the Castello on the right.

1  Thank John H
Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

We set high expectations for that restaurant, but all in all had a so so feeling. one menu (land) was pretty good though not stunning, but the fish menu was pretty bad and not in par with the other one. Food was pretty salty as well. Deserts were good, but there was no surprise, generosity or unique character there... Yes the view is superb

Reviewed 1 June 2015

Beautiful castel, nice atmosphere and a very good food! Perfect as for a romantic dinner, as for wedding ceremony, as for any special occasion.
You are given several options of menu to choose. Absolutely to try!

Reviewed 30 September 2014

I was during my holiday in this restaurant because of the well known chef Stefamo Bertoni, and so I had great expectations.
The overall comment is not negative but not as good I was expecting.
Too much time to get food, quite good choice of food but not very good quality.
The view from the castle is fantastic and the location impressive but I don't think I will come back again to visit them.
The positive note is that they were very nice with my child.

1  Thank sara_pasquale