“Fantastic Experience”

Barents Safari Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Kirkenes
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

A great experience with the friendly staff. Victor, the guide, was very informative and has a great sense of humor. The crabs were delicious and were replenished as soon as our plates were emptied. Only improvement I would suggest is the lighting provided for taking the photos with the king crab. Everything was done so hastily we sometimes didn’t get proper lighting to bring out a good picture.

All reviews
"warm clothing"
in 6 reviews
"free flow"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"white wine"
"frozen sea"
"crab meal"
"great sense of humor"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We went on the king crab safari one evening in early February. The guys were really friendly and helpful, provided really good warm clothing and clear instruction on driving the snowmobiles. It would have been nice to ride on more varied terrain (thorough the woods was my favourite part) but it was great fun. The info on the crabs was really interesting and they provided endless crab to eat after the tour. I’d definitely go on a trip with them again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

A lifetime dream to eat fresh King Crab straight out the icy water, I gifted this trip to Kirkenes to my Fiancé for Christmas.

We chose Barents as a result of all the other Trip Advisor positive feedback and weren’t disappointed.

Driving your own snowmobile under expert tuition and eating (literally) endless fresh crab were the selling points and Barents did not disappoint.

Whilst the actual ‘fishing’ element is a staged experience due to the fjord containing pollution from the local iron ore mine. Everything thing else was authentic and the crabs caught locally and cooked fresh from a much more desirable source.

Our hosts Claus and Viktor made the experience fun. And like many otherTrip Advisor guests before us, we thoroughly recommend this trip

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Ride on snowmobile was amazing! The weather was very good and the landscape is outstanding!
A special word of thanks to our guide Viktor, vey friendly and professional.
We will return!

Date of experience: January 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We booked the king crab safari mainly for the snow mobile ride. If you want the snow mobile ride you are probably best just booking a snow mobile trip. For my husband who is a keen motorcyclist the time on the snow mobile wasn't enough and the pace wasn,t quick enough. I did the trip expecting to be a passenger but five minutes in I was asked to drive for another couple who couldn't, manage. To be honest I was quite scared but I managed it although further slowed down my husband who was behind me in the convey. Being separated spoiled the romance a bit but i!m pleased I did it. King crabs were delicious in the labor and the staff were good fun and informative but if you really want to get out a snow mobile this probably isn't the tour for you. If you want a taster and a tasty supper then book it.

Date of experience: January 2018