“Interesting twist on traditional Piedmonte dishes - Great experience!”

Plaza13 ristorante con terrazza
Ranked #4 of 186 Restaurants in Moncalieri
Price range: US$17 - US$57
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Having lived in Moncalieri for almost three years(although ten years ago), I am always interested in new places to eat in Moncalieri. This was most certainly a very pleasant addition to my favourite places to eat in the greater Turin area.
Very interesting twists to traditional (some may say TOO traditional) Piedmontese dishes. The pasta dish was chicche (small gnocchi) in Castelmagno (my favourite Piedmonteis cheese!) cream. The twist was a drizzle of cocoa(!) powder, which elevated this traditional dish to a hew height! The main was a fillet steak in Port wine sauce. Again a slight twist as in Piedmontese you usually get your steak in Barolo sauce. The steak was perfectly cooked and very tasty. Maybe slightly too little of that wonderful Port wine sauce, but that is an inconsequential gripe...
With a glass of Prosecco, an Amuse Bouche and a glass of Limoncello on the house and a keenly priced calico of good Nebbiolo I was a very happy customer indeed!
Friendly, attentive, informative, but not intrusive service.
This is a great addition to my list of places to eat in Turin, I will be back!

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

First we thought it was closed, but we just had to ring! We took the sea menu, great selection of antipasti, followed by a fantastic primo and a great secondo (salt fish). To round up, a great sorbet. A chardonnay boosted the whole. Great and friendly service. Over two weeks in Liguria and Tuscany, the best dinner we had here in Moncalieri!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

I was in Moncalieri with my colleague and didn´t want to move to Turin for a dinner so we decided to try something local with a good rating. Our choice was this place and it was a great choice.
The menu offers fish-food and also "terra", we went for fish and weren´t disappointed at all. The dishes were very tasty, prepared in an interesting way. As a dessert we tried their sorbetti which are pretty a thing to take here, having a particular combinations like strawberry+porto or orange+campari.
The staff was also very good, trying to help with the choice and also very efficient.
What was the only disappointment was the terrace which isn´t very nice, as there are park places around, so it´s better to stay inside.

1  Thank Michal B
Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

Deserves top reviews. I enjoyed excellent succulent fish ....platter of four types for reasonable 20 euro. Came with complimentary tasty appetizer and small glass of Prosecco. So glad I had GPS to find...near public parking lot.

2  Thank econoclass
Reviewed 19 September 2014 via mobile

Great food. Generous portions. Very friendly and tremendous service on three different occasions! Highly recommended

1  Thank Mrexsteiner