“Great bike, terrific service”
Review of Gira l'Umbria

Gira l'Umbria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gira l'Umbria it's a company to organize cycling and hiking tour in Umbria the green heart of Italy. We organize a different kind of experience: in the nature, between wine and oil, in the history and with picnic lunch. Services: bike hire, luggage transfer, road book, GPS rent maps of area, guided or self guided tour by bike or by foot, levels from easy through to medium-difficult.
Reviewed 3 January 2017

Bike delivered to my hotel in a nearby town from Foligno. Everything included, even a map. Great people to work with and excellent equipment. The countryside of Umbria is spectacular when seen over the handlebars.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I recently rented two mountain bikes over the XMAS break. The guys were great delivering the bike to our farm house with maps, helmets, safety tops, tubes etc. The bikes were in great condition and the flexibility shown by the team in terms of drop off and pick up was excellent. If only my legs were as flexible up some of those trails. Nonetheless, riding around Antognolla was amazing.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

During the planning of our 25th anniversary trip to Umbria, we found Gira l’Umbria and its owner, Antonella Tucci, by an Internet search. We finally met Antonella six months later, when she delivered the bicycles for our tour of Umbria. Though we had taken some basic Italian language lessons, her English language skills are excellent. Antonella did all the trip planning for us, picking stellar routes that minimized our exposure to Umbria’s busy highways while highlighting the remote countryside. We toured through the countryside on her Specialized Sirrus touring bicycles without a single problem. The bicycles were well equipped, with panniers, extra tubes, pumps, and tire changing gear. She provided both a GPS, with tracks downloaded, and written directions for our planned routes, allowing us to enjoy the views rather than worry about taking a wrong turn.

All in all, we had a fabulous experience with Gira l’Umbria and Antonella. We put our complete faith in someone on the other side of the world to make our 25th anniversary trip special and she delivered big time! Thank you Antonella!

Reviewed 11 April 2015

My husband and I were planning to spend 2 weeks at a house we rented in Umbria and a friend of ours, who had traveled there a couple of years ago, recommended that we book a bike ride and picnic with Antonella from Gira l'Umbria. We took his advice and were so glad we did--the ride was a highlight of our trip. Antonella is a terrific guide, who provides everything you'll need (bikes, helmets, even gloves) and who also knows the area really well. She even arranged for us to have a gourmet picnic featuring local foods and wine at the end of the ride. We planned to spend another day with Antonella, but were rained out. We hope to book with her again the next time we're in Umbria.

1  Thank joyrschwartz
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2014

At Antonella's suggestion, she and her husband (and daughter) met us from the train with the bikes. We tried them, and without being rushed at all made necessary adjustments (seat height, putting my pedals on etc..)
When after the next day's ride I needed a change of seat post there was no problem with coming over to our b&b with a replacement.
The bikes were sturdy (sirrus) with racks to take our panniers and pretty much ideal for touring.
We completed about 300 miles around Umbria encountering some pretty hefty climbs and some variable road surfaces! We had no mechanical problems although basic tools and tubes were included in the package (I carried my own mutitool and chain link just in case) I don't doubt that Antonella would have responded quickly to any emergency distress call and in fact made sure we had her mobile number. She was flexible with the bike return time and didn't quibble about my altering the rendezvous when we were delayed.
We could not fault the service provided and would, without doubt, use again if we planned a return trip
Thanks Antonella!