US$98
US$83
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$115
US$76
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Bruce Hotel(East Kilbride)
US$82
US$82
US$80
  • Restaurant
South Craighall B&B(East Kilbride)
Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$119
US$111
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

All reviewshoneymoon suitecocktail masterclassjacuzzi bathgreat nightfood was lovelytwo courseslovely hotelset menuspecial occasionbirthday partyfrom start to finishwedding receptionfunction roomwaiting stafftribute nightsconeswedding venue
Reviewed 3 June 2018

We stayed over night at the Torrance the room was lovely amazing decor, comfy bed nd quiet and the service was excellent. The food and the cocktails were great too .would definitely recommend a stay there .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear fee0013,

Thank you for a review on your visit.

I am delighted that our team here looked after you well and that your found your stay to your liking. We will pass this back to the team to ensure they can see that they continue to provide great service to all our guests.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

This hotel had a lovely feel to it and the welcome was amazing from the receptionist who was covering for the evening from the nearby sister hotel the Busby.
My room on the first floor no 17, one of the 18 on site, was beautifully fitted out to a high standard and very comfortable. The little touches were really appreciated especially the tunnocks tea cake. I was really happy with my room till my colleagues on the ground floor revealed they had Jacuzzi baths with a built in TV. :-)
We ate at the restaurant on the evening and the food was good value and beautifully presented.
The breakfast was plentiful and the waitress was great, especially when myself and my colleagues had very specific requests for our breakfast. Again the Scottish breakfast was cooked to my requirements exactly.
Thanks to all the team on site both the cover staff and the normal team who were all friendly and spoke whenever we saw them, from receptionist to the cleaning team.
There was plenty parking on site and fairly straightforward to find.
I would return to stay for a non business visit if passing.

Room Tip: ground floors have Jacuzzi baths
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear fmurr,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.

It Is a pleasure to hear all your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us here at The Torrance Hotel.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience from start to finish and were looked after well by our team throughout your visit.

It is always great to hear such lovely feedback from our guests therefore I will be sure to pass all your kind comments on to the entire team here at the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Last night I stayed in the honeymoon suite at the torrance hotel. The experience from start to finish with your staff was horrific. At around half 3 I checked in, paid the receptionist £279 as I had already paid £100 deposit. She explained that a card would have to be used for any charges to the room. I was absolutely fine with this, as I am sure you have seen there has been several issues with TSB Bank accounts recently- it has been a nation wide issue. So my card would not work on your machine. It did have more than enough funds may I add.

Your receptionist had the worst attitude I have ever came across. Completely patronising and rude, and that would be putting it nicely. All she kept repeating over and over is "You would have received all information in your Policy Documents" & "Just take a seat over there and sort it out with your bank" speaking very loud when there was other people around. There is nothing that could have been done through the bank as it is an issue with the bank itself. This was so embarrassing! All this time I had my 5 month old daughter with me, all balloons and a cake waiting to set up for the meal we had booked and the room. She then explained I would have to pay a further £100 upfront. I checked my purse and realised I only had £90, after being in such a rush all day organising everything with my young daughter. The receptionist was so unhelpful and kept telling me I wouldn't be recieving any room card until I left and came back with another card, which I completely understand that this is your policy but I believe your staff need to have a better customer service attitude. On my way back home to get another bank card I was seriously considering cancelling the room and dinner reservations all due to that member of staffs attitude and I would have if it wasn't my partners birthday.

I then returned with a different bank card, was handed the key to the room. Now I have never been to a hotel where I haven't been shown to my room by the staff member. Once going up stairs and unable to find the room, I returned asking this same receptionist where my room was, she replied "can you not find it?!" With her same old patronising attitude. Well I wouldn't have came back and asked her if I could. She kept pointing saying "it's upstairs" , Yes I understood it was upstairs but as I'm sure you know there are several rooms within your hotel.

I handed her a cake to be put in the fridge I specifically explained it would melt. When it eventually came out after dinner service the whole top of it had melted and there was big finger marks in the side as your staff didn't bother to open the box rather just picked the cake up by hand.

We had booked our table in advance for the birthday surprise. There was 6 of us and it took 3 hours in all for us all to eat 3 courses as the service was absolutely horrific. So slow. Wrong orders and bog standard food. It ruined the whole atmosphere of the meal. Your member of staff who served us was lovely I can't fault that but she did get our order wrong had had to take the same order 2 and 3 times through out the meal as she explained she didn't normally work at the torrance hotel.

This morning we ordered room service to the room, my son had orange juice and within it he found a piece of plastic and a dirty class with bits of food stuck to the inside.

The hot tub within the room as soon as it was turned on black stuff started coming out of the jets before anyone had even sat in it.

Our meal came to £170 and for a one night stay of a room charging £375. The service I received was terrible. I will definitely not be returning or recommending your hotel to anyone. I never complain about anywhere and I understand little mistakes can happen but it was literally one thing after another throughout our stay.

I really hope this can be fed back to your staff especially your receptionist who was on yesterday.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear cmcgroryx,

Thank you for your review of your visit.

I am deeply disappointed to read your comments. Our General Manager has been passed this information and will be, if not has been, in touch in due course.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

The actual tribute act was good and got everyone up and dancing, the food on the other hand was diabolical. For a start there was no choices, carrot and coriander soup( which I would say is a very unpopular soup), chicken ( supposedly stuffed with red pepper mousse) I was unable to locate this, mind you the chicken breast was the size of a walnut so this could have been the problem! Now let me talk about the accompanying veg, I nearly ended up in A and E after choking on the stringy mange tout and the balls of carrots were so hard they could have been used as missiles! I’m not even going to start on the three marble sized , brick hard potatoes!. All this washed down with some sort of Luke warm fizz!. Not a meal I would ever want to repeat, which is a shame because the night had so much potential in a lovely location.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear ronebone51,

Thank you for your review of your visit.

I am deeply disappointed that the meal did not live up to your expectations on your visit. We usually receive great feedback on our food and can only at this stage apologise that this was not your experience.

It is great to hear that the act was a success and all points raised have been passed to the team to review to improve our standards
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and we do hope to see you again in the future to see how our food is usually received.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

Stayed here last Saturday 26th May as I was at a family wedding. I travelled from Northern Ireland for the wedding. The hotel staff hreatednus and took our bags from us to we attended the wedding to check in afterwards. The staff where extremely friendly and kind. The rooms where very clean and a great size also. The breakfast menu has plenty to choose from. Will stay here again next time I visit the family. My Grandafayher also stayed in the hotel. He is nearly 91. He stayed 2 nights and the staff looked after him very well. Appreciated this. Many thanks

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Torrance H, Manager at Torrance Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Samdob123,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay.

It Is a pleasure to hear all your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us here at The Torrance Hotel to celebrate a family wedding.

I am delighted that yourself and your family had such an enjoyable experience from start to finish and were looked after well by our team throughout your visit.

Kind Regards,