“Walked out!”

TGI Fridays
Ranked #102 of 134 Restaurants in Bracknell
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Unbelievably bad service.

Waited 10mins to even be acknowledged.

Finally sat down. Another 10mins passed still no waiter to offer drinks.

We walked out, not even acknowledged AGAIN!

Will not be returning.

Stephan T, Manager at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hi Katie,

I’m really sorry to hear about your visit with us, I have passed on your feedback to ensure this doesn’t happen again. I’d also like to hope you would give us another go to truly experience the Fridays service and atmosphere I know we can deliver.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Called in for cocktails & children's tea 0n a lovely sunny evening. Waited for 10 minutes to be seated, only to be told that a table needed to be cleaned & we would need to wait at least 15 more minutes. We decided to sit at the bar & have a Mock tail while we waited. We were shown to the table which had tomato sauce still on it's seats & food all over the floor. On pointing this out a member of staff shrugged her shoulders & was quite rude!!! saying to the dirty area " OH YEAH!!!! Another member then instructed her to clean it. The children's food arrived with two over cooked fish fingers 8 pieces of Broccoli & 4 chips very un appetizing. We ordered some starters to snack on with our drinks not much better. Then when we asked for the bill after 15minutes of being ignored we spoke to the manager who it appeared had just come on duty he apologized but..... reluctant to go back early.

1  Thank TheAdamsFamily286

Hi Adams family,

I’m really sorry to hear about your experience with us, I have passed all his feedback to the team to ensure better communication is recited and ensure you are seated promptly and on a clean table. I can see we have also let you down on this occasion however going forward I am confident in ensureing that we can deliver our true Fridays service with great food. We hope you will give us another go.

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent service. Food was good. They really looked after us,our waiter Adam was lovely! They treated my dad to a lovely chunk of their birthday cake :-) cocktail and mocktails were tasty too!

1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

So, went to TGI Fridays tonight first visit with friends so was looking forward to it as had seen good reports. Had a couple of drinks at the bar and the staff were great very attentive. Had to ask if our table was ready and told yes it’s down there on the left so we sat down. Waited a good 5 minutes before we were asked if we wanted a drink, ordered said drinks and waited another 5 minutes before having to ask if the drinks were coming, wine finally arrived but no glasses asked for glasses but waited so long we went and got them ourselves ! Finally ordered our meals, starters and main courses and waited another 15 minutes before getting our starters by which time we were starving. Starters were great couldn’t fault the food as very tasty. Then waited ages for them to clear the table before waiting forever again for our main course. Where we were sitting we could see the meals sitting waiting to be delivered to the customers but the waiting staff just looked at them then walked on by. Then we saw what looked like our meals sitting there for a long time and when they finally delivered them to our table they were very much less than hot ! The waitress eventually came over to ask if everything was okay and we said that unfortunately the food was not as hot as we would like and she said I will get it changed, by this time we just wanted to eat and go so we said no and carried on eating cool food which tasted great but would gave been better hot. The waitress said she would send the manager over to have a chat which he did, he asked for our feedback which we politely gave him. Firstly the music is so loud you can’t hear yourself think, unfortunately the waiting staff struggled to hear what we were saying and we struggled to hear what they were saying. Secondly the food was sitting on the counter and staff just kept walking by rather than delivering to the customer whether it was their customer or not. And finally they were far more interested in singing to people whose birthday it was (not that I think that is a bad thing) rather than ensuring that everyone were happy. I am really not one to complain and I pride myself in assuming the benefit of the doubt but in this case I cannot fault the food or the staff as they were obviously following orders but the management do not seem to be able to get it right so I assume they get lots of complaints which is a big shame as that is not good for business. The Manager did come back and say that the only thing he could do was take the wine off of our bill and hoped that we would come back (not sure he really cared if we came back or not). We really weren’t looking for money off just a decent evening, I would much rather we paid the bill and then told we could have a discounted meal next time we came in that may have enticed me back but looking back at the whole evening I am sure we will not bother again but I am sure they will not care as there will always be someone else coming through the door so we don’t need to try any harder. All that said I am sure with better service, hotter food and music that is a few decibels lower the evening would have been great. Rant over, now sitting in my calm garden with a glass of wine, have a great weekend everyone

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Been here twice since its opened...
Staff are very slow.. Both times they have forgotten items we have ordered.
Also they seem to be a little careless..

The one thing that really gets me is.... A few of the waitresses have very long hair..
Never been tied back.. Surely if they are serving food. Hair should be tied back..
It's a restaurant.. Not auditions for rapunzel!
I think management should really take note of how their staff come to work.

On the upside.. Food is good.. Its the chefs that make this place.. If it wasn't for them.. I wouldn't want to eat here.

1  Thank Demented_Em