All reviews nice view swimming pool fantastic breakfast new wing mini bar nice hotel business trip sitting area conference area wings nice staff doesn t junior suite city centre one night stay bread many years
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Hotel is located next to the sea and a city centre. Torp airport is not far as well. Rooms were neat and tidy. There was one thing that I didn't like much. Bed. It wasn't very comfortable in my opinon. I suppose that what I don't find comfortable another person will find just other way round so I can't say it was much of an issue. Overall: good choice in Sandefjord

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My family stayed at this hotel for one night in late July 2018. We have stayed here several times before due to its convenient location near the Larvik harbor (ferry to Denmark, only 20 min away). The hotel is located close to the harbor in Sandefjord, with easy access to shops and restaurants in the town. So far, so good. We were given a family room. I had booked a cot for the youngest, but it was not in the room. I didn´t alert the front desk seeing as it was only for the one night and there were two bunk beds in the room. My husband took one of the bunks and I kept the baby in the queen sized double. Not a problem. Our room actually had air-conditioning (many other reviewers have complained about the lack of that here), a must in this hot weather. Unfortunately, it was so loud that sleep was almost impossible. The heat outside made it necessary to keep it on, though. And, as the last time we were there, there was a concert in the park outside. It was so loud that every time the drummer rounded up a song, I felt the vibrations in the bed. Perhaps not a super idea to put all the family rooms on the side of the hotel that faces the park, seeing as there are many concerts there all through summer. By the time the concert ended, I had given up all hope of sleep, and we had two very fussy, tired children with us the morning after.

The front desk clerks were professional and efficient (great!), but not warm and friendly. A few smiles would have made all the difference. The room was clean and tidy. Big thumbs up on that.

Room Tip: Avoid room facing the park if you need some quiet time. Ask if the room offers AC when travelling in summer.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Thomas Ø, General Manager at Scandic Park Sandefjord, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback on you recent stay with us. Glad to hear that you like the location and that the room was clean and tidy.
However I am really sad to hear that you did`nt get a proper night sleep during your stay. As you say all our family rooms are on that side of the building and there are a lot of things going on, especially on weekends during the summer. We are hoping to get even more family rooms with the bunk beds and we will defenetly think about the location of these rooms.
Thank you for beeing constructive in your feedback, I will share this with all my collegues.

Hope to see you again

Reviewed 31 July 2018

The hotel is located across from the harbor, makes for a nice evening walk. The hotel is large and the room do not have air conditioning. The breakfast was very good and had many gluten free options but the coffee was awful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Do not book here on a warm day. They do not have room AC so if you do not open the windows it will quickly reach 30 celsius in the room. The do have limited number of fans for borrowing.
We were stuck here, four adults with two 1.5 year old children going to bed at 19. To make it worse there was a major concert right outside in the adjacent park so we had to close the windows. It was so hot in the rooms that our children could not sleep. We tried to change rooms, all rooms facing away from the noise were booked.
Just a really horrible experience.
On a positive note, for business they have really good conference facilities and a nice spa area. The restaurant and bar is great. The rooms are okay, some have been upgraded a bit. The most spectacular about this hotel is the view of the bay. Really great if you get a room on the side facing the water.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Thomas Ø, General Manager at Scandic Park Sandefjord, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi
I am really sorry that your stay was so dissapointing.
Unfortunately we do not have AC on all our rooms, and we have been fully booked all weekends during this summer. I am so sad that we were not able to help you more during your stay. Normally the heat is not a problem in Norway, but this summer has been very special.
Again I am really sorry about this and I hope the rest of your vacation has been wonderful.

(this is a copy of the response I gave you at google)