All reviews evening meal whaling museum nice hotel included in the price whale hunting central location train station free dinner best friend great design rooms are clean and spacious superior room business trip cakes excellent location stayed here for one night definitely stay here again
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed one night on our drive tour through Norway. The hotel really wants to stand out, is offering free fixed menu dinner and free buffet breakfast for its guests, rooms look well-appointed, and hotel hallways and restaurants are artfully decorated in fishing-related memorabilia. Internet is free and reasonably fast.

But... all this doesn’t count if one cannot sleep well (or at all). It was a sunny day, our room was facing almost due west and was hot as an oven. I haven’t expected in this day and age for an upscale hotel not to have air conditioning, but here it was. With windows fully open, room returned to semi-normal temperatures by 11pm. Nevertheless we had to leave windows open for the night leaving ourselves exposed to street noise.
Additionally, curtains didn’t stop any light entering the room, so it was light in the room almost throughout the entire night.

To summarise, it was hot, noisy and not dark - I was unable to sleep in such conditions, therefore as much as I have liked other aspects of hotel service, all I really needed from them was good night’s sleep we didn’t get.

2 other points: underground parking entrance was claustrophobically narrow with real risk of scratching car’s mirrors; water pressure in the shower was weak.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
KAN_11, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Atlantic, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you for your review!

We are truly sorry you didn't get a good night sleep here. Unfortunately the hotel doesn't have air condition, but we do have portable fans which you can borrow from the front desk.

We wish you a sunny summer!

Team Atlantic

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel as long as an insight into Norway’s whaling past doesn’t offend you (it doesn’t me). The rooms are spacious, train station is 5 mins walk and you are made welcome

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
KAN_11, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Atlantic, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you so much for your nice review!

We look forward to welcome you again and wish you a great summer.

Kari-Ann & my team

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights and really enjoyed the free dinners. Excellent location to travel the area. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We didn’t have a view from our room but maybe because it was a dog room. Nice breakfast all included in the price. Clean comfortable room.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your great review!

We look forward to welcome you and your dog again - enjoy the rest of the summer :)

Kari-Ann & my team

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Wow; I can't say enough about this hotel.
Friendly staff, big smile when we came to the hotel.
The room is clean and beautiful and the view is just breathtaking
The breakfast was amazing, so many healthy choices.
This hotel deserves all the stars it can get!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Not to far from airport and one block from the train station which will take you to Oslo Norway. Free dinner which made me skeptical, however, to my surprise, it was a salmon dinner which was great. Person at the desk explained how to buy a train ticket. When she found out we were leaving at 6, she made us two breakfast bags to eat on the way which was also free. Good customer service and very friendly staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple