All reviews oslo airport cancelled due full length mirror minute train very nice stay shuttle bus leaves great breakfast an early bird room temperature flight was delayed muesli the room was nice large variety modern interior hotel breakfast the location is perfect rooms are big
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

It didn’t start out very well with the transfer bus (70 NOK) being late and the queue was building up. It was cold and windy as well and it was nearing 21:00 and I hadn’t eaten dinner yet, you know the feeling.

After a crowded bus ride we finally arrived at the hotel. Everyone rushed into the reception to get there first. Check-in went well and after a long walk thru what looked like hospital corridors I eventually found my room.
Very uninspired indeed, but clean. A standard room that does its job, nothing else.

I decided to check out the restaurant and walked back past the reception. I found a whole different world on that side of the hotel. The restaurant felt vibrant and almost exclusive, full of people talking, eating and drinking and obviously enjoying it. I ordered a pizza (the only take away the offer) to go, but got it delivered for like 50 NOK extra. A bargain!

The pizza arrived 20 minutes later and despite being a bit cold it was excellent!

Watched some tv and then I fell asleep in a very comfy bed. There were some noises that was a bit disturbing, like a compressor of sorts. Probably from the minibar.

In the morning I went down to the breakfast and found an absolute heaven for hotel breakfast gourmets. They offered close to anything you could wish for. I had too little time to fully enjoy it unfortunately, but got enough to last me until lunch.

I won’t be coming back as it’s too much hassle with the transfer in my opinion, but I’d recommend it to anyone needing a room fairly close to OSL if not for the breakfast experience alone.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeanett_Fernaas, Kundeansvarlig at Thon Hotel Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Zebban,

Greetings and many thanks for your review of our property .
Your comments concerning the breakfast were a pleasure to read and I’ll be sharing your thoughts with my colleagues. I’d like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts as your feedback is invaluable to us.

Thank you also for your further recommendations!

Best regards

Reviewed 22 October 2018

The hotel itself is of very good quality in most aspects, but what really makes a difference is the breakfast and restaurant. I am almost tempted to say this was the best hotel breakfast i have experienced throughout my entire travelling work life, a real positive surprise. As well the restaurant in the evening served delicious food og very high quality combined with excellent wine pairing. All in all the breakfast itself is a good enough reason to choose this hotel.
Bjørn A.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jeanett_Fernaas, Leder  at Thon Hotel Oslo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Dear Bjørn A,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review.

Our breakfast is the result of a lot of hard work, and as such we are very happy every time our guests comment on this!
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay, and found good value in our product.

We wish you a very fine day, and hope to see you in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Located a short bus ride away from the airport, this hotel is very convenient. Rooms are clean, spacious enough, and quiet. A little bit of a queue at check-in but I just happened to arrive after a large group. Breakfast buffet is varied and very tasty. Staff was friendly and I had a great stay. Would recommend and return !

Reviewed 28 September 2018

I have been to this hotel before, and I think it was a hotel room next to the airport, and that is all you need, but this time that proved to be wrong. a huge chain of stores had a huge party, and this party spread into the rooms at night, so that there was no sleep that night for me. at first I wanted to let the kids have their fun, but it never ended! so I had to call the desk (and I later heard that lots of other of my collegues also called several times). but it never ended! the hotel staff simply did not have control and did not do enough about this problem.. maybe the party company is a huge account? I have no idea, but this was the worst night in a hotel ever! does not matter if the bed is nice clean and soft, and if the shower was perfect with lots of pressure and hot water.. the towels can be as fluffy as all that, but if you can not sleep because of the crazy banging and shouting, and if nobody can fix that.. then the night is ruined. The breakfast was probably wonderful, I was just to tired and cranky to notice.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

The room was cold and not appealing at all. Spartan decorated and the bathroom had no heating cables in the floor. This is very unusual in a Norwegian hotel.
We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and we had only one bar of soap in the bathroom during our stay and the soap dispenser on the wall,ran out of soap as well.
The person at the front desk was a little bit arrogant as well.
It took about 10 minutes from the airport with the shuttle bus to reach the hotel.
We asked for a new lightbulb twice, but nothing happened.
There were 3 ice cube machines in the corridor, but all of them were out of order.
But the breakfast was very good!

Trip type: Travelled on business