All reviews free shuttle the holiday inn one night runs every minutes shuttle bus service helsinki vantaa airport jumbo shopping centre executive room flamingo spa platinum member nice hotel late arrival bus stop business trip bit dated short stay buffet breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed one night in between countries. I really liked this hotel as we had cold air conditioning! You can control the air conditioning in your room which was perfect. Once you recieve your bags from baggage claim go right out the exit. That is platform 10. A city bus will come by that has multiple drops, holiday inn airport being one. The bus drops you off at the entrance to the Holiday Inn. To go back to the airport, the bus come right to the entrance. It is about a 15 minutes bus ride. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed over a short weekend break to Helsinki and, due to having a late Friday arrival and an early Sunday departure, decided to stay here rather than in the City. Hotel reception staff were very friendly and welcoming at past midnight (!) and gave me lots of useful information for my exploration of Helsinki the next day. I had been upgraded to an Executive Room which was clean, well-decorated in a cool Scandinavian style and had a separate dressing room as well as a nice desk and two comfortable armchairs. A/c units (2 of them) were functional although not needed in September. The bathroom was rather small but well-equipped and had everything I needed.

Despite its proximity to the airport (7 minutes by shuttle) it was quiet and I had no problem getting off to sleep. The restaurant is clean and well-laid out although the menu is rather basic and the quality of the food average - this is not a 5-star hotel. Overall, for an hotel of its price range its an excellent choice, comfortable and extremely convenient travellers.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Very friendly check-in which included a screen to arrange parking - the cost was reasonable for an airport hotel.
It's an older hotel (80s?) and feels it, but no issues around cleanliness.
Room was bland but functional with decent blackout. The stupid thing is that the light switches are on the wall behind the bed so if the pillows move, the lights go on (or off).,.. I woke myself up twice in the night - absolutely ridiculous room layout.
Shower room is tiny and the main thing that dates the hotel; the shower head was cracked jetting water sideways and it's just not attractive altogether.
My light breakfast was fine and there seemed to be reasonable options for heartier fare for those who wanted it.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Gotta say I really disliked this hotel; I don’t give it 1 (one) because the manager did her best to help my problem. I stayed in a noisy, stinky and old room. Carpet was smelly; room looked like a room of a cheap motel in the US. Have no plans to stay there again. To compensate my displeasure the hotel manager did not charge my breakfast (only good thing about this hotel)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Helsinki-Vantaa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hi SeanBsb,

Thank you for posting a review from your stay. I was concerned to read about the problems you had in your room particularly with the smell and the condition among the others. Although one of our managers did try their best to help, this does not remove the inconvenience you had and I am so sorry. This will be shared with our team for necessary actions needed.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 31 August 2018

After a week in a hotel without ac in the extremely hot August 2018, it was a bliss to spend a night at this hotel - with ac. I looked like the hotel had just been refurbished, so everything looked new and inviting.

I had a big suite all to myself, and the bed was great. Wifi was good. Bathroom was small compared to the room. Had a great nights sleep, as the room was quiet.

Had dinner with friends in the restaurant - I had a Pasta Carbonare, and really it was the second worst Pasta Carbonara I ever had:-/ No cheese/cream sauce - just an egg yoke.... not worth the money!

Also when I arrived at the airport I phoned the hotel to ask, where we could catch the bus (standing outside Terminal 2), the lady told me, we had to walk to Terminal 1, as the bus only stopped there. So we did. And found the bus (on time), only to then make a stop at terminal 2:-( as an employee at reception, you should know, where guests can catch the bus! The shuttle itself is fast and reliable.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo