All reviews hotel restaurant stayed here for nights great hotel nice room modern hotel coffee machine comfortable beds buffet breakfast following morning wasn't busy the air conditioning excellent shower could have been better enjoyable stay value for money only gripe night's sleep
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This hotel ticked all the boxes - quiet room, comfortable bed, excellent shower. There was a large TV in the room and very good wifi. We ate in the restaurant twice as we were too tired after travelling and watching the tour de France to venture out. The food and service were superb and great value for money. The only gripe was that on the first night we had to wait a long time to be served in the bar.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is a very comfortable hotel close to the centre of Evreux and near some very good restaurants.

We had am efficient and friendly welcome and the rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Clean and well furnished.

There is a nice bar and restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road although it is not too busy at night
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2018

This is not a 4-star hotel by any sane definition of the term. This hotel has amenities to the level of a 3-star hotel at best, and offers a very confusing experience to any customer foolish enough to believe what's written in the "Guest Directory", a work of pure fiction provided in the bedroom (and translated by an amateur).

All the information on room service availability times in this book is WRONG, with room service in fact unavailable for most of the day. Also, do not believe the menu in the lift promising two dishes available from Room Service "24h/24". This is not true, and the alleged 24-hour snacks and drinks available at reception don't exist either. There is no vending machine.

In fact, this hotel has absolutely the worst catering to the needs of late-arriving guests that I've ever encountered in any hotel in the last decade. If you try politely asking for any such luxury as a bag of crisps or can of drink at night, you will be looked at as if you had just demanded that a mountain of cocaine and an army of prostitutes be brought to your room. And don't think you'll be getting any nuts or crisps in that minibar either. Mine contained 3 soft drinks (two of which were water) and that was it for the stay.

When I tried to return to my room after going out, I found that the lift refused to take me to the 2nd floor, preferring to take me on a scenic tour of the basement, then the ground floor, then the basement, then the ground floor, etc. until I was forced to take the stairs (fortunately I'm not disabled). Obviously I informed reception though nothing was done about it. When I finally got to my room, the key card refused to work and I had to take it down to the reception again. The desk staff did something to reset it but I do not remember any apology or explanation being forthcoming. Maybe I had just strayed into a particularly boring part of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland.

The cleaners were definitely the nicest and most helpful members of staff in this hotel, so I feel kind of bad about reporting the mould I found on the small shower head, but it is mould and I know some people can be made ill by that stuff so if you have an allergy, be warned.

Apart from that the room was clean, and the food was very good although certainly not cheap. In fact the food is the main reason I am rating this "Poor" and not "Terrible". I've stayed in a lot of 4-star places and this was the second worst experience of that kind I've ever had.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daisy L
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I spent 5 nights here and had a quiet and enjoyable stay. The room was modern with a good coffee machine and comfy bed. The bathroom was also well appointed.

Service was very good and there was a decent selection of food at breakfast. The warm food could have been better. Used the restaurant twice which was very good.

My only gripe about the hotel was the fact that every time I used the shower it was uncomfortably hot. No amount of adjusting the valve helped.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2017

second time we visited this hotel with six friends last Saturday.
we all got excellent, clean and very well equipped rooms.
nothing negative can be said about the rooms.
the whole hotel looks very clean and very modern.
we also had dinner and breakfast in this hotel.
both were ok.
price/quality of this hotel and restaurant is very good, especially during weekends.
to be recommended

Room Tip: i think all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends