All reviews lovely home walking the south downs stayed one night the pub breakfast was delicious comfortable bed abergavenny arms lorna
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stayed for 1 night with my son and wife whilst visiting family nearby. We slept in the en suite room which was more than adequate and served its purpose well. This is a B and B used by ramblers primarily and its location is ideal for that purpose. Lorna is a very pleasant hostess and served us a lovely fresh cooked breakfast. Parking somewhat of an issue but I would recommend this house for a 1 night stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2016

I booked a printmaking course for my mum and I at Monk's House and wanted somewhere to stay that was a short walk away. I read the excellent reviews and decided to contact Lorna. Although the double room was taken, she kindly made up a spare bed and we both slept very comfortably in her single room, which looks out on to a little garden- very beautiful. We were made to feel so welcome for our two night stay. The breakfast was a visual delight and really delicious and we left feeling relaxed and pampered. Thank you Lorna!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2016

Stayed one night whilst walking the SDW. Lorna was a most attentive host making sure we had everything we needed. The breakfast was out of this world, fresh fruit, home baked bread and sausages that you would mortgage your house for.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2016

A lovely rest after a rainy morning Lorna had put a welcoming fire on which was greatly appreciated. jug of water with slices of lemon which was nice. good breakfast , and made my pack lunch so I would have it as I licked which was thoughtful and her banana cake which kept me going

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2016

Three of us stayed one night with Lorna after a days walking on the SDW. She made us very welcome and could not have been a more delightful hostess. The house is very homely with an eclectic collection of books and memorabilia. The rooms were very comfortable and we had a hearty meal at the pub opposite.The breakfast spread was excellent just what we needed to start another day.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends