“Super friendly and very good”
Review of Trattoria VIGNOLA

Trattoria VIGNOLA
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Ortovero
Price range: US$29 - US$34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

First of all, it was by far the friendliest restaurant I have been too and you can sense the passion in the owner's eyes. The food was very good, authentic Ligurian cooking. A very satisfying degustation menu for $30/pers including wine, water, coffee. The fries artichokes were the highlight and so was the crispy apple pie for dessert.

Reviewed 31 October 2014 via mobile

We counted 21 different samples (but not so small) of regional food.
Some interesting revisitations of traditional Ligurian regional cooking: snails, rabbit, "panissa", etc
The owner is nice and full of information about the food he serves. Another good thing is the attention to health: no butter in the food, good for the heart.
The price is unbelievable cheap for the quantity and the quality: it's difficult to manage to taste all the dishes!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I suppose that I generally prefer local, authentic cuisine to tits-out go-for-it tasting menus (although I'll never be tired of tasting the finest), but Vignola manages to perfectly bridge the gap between the two approaches.
You'll need to be hungry when you get here: we had seven courses, which sounds easy enough in the context of modern cuisine... but here they want you to experience as much Ligurian food as possible. So our first course consisted of no less than six separate dishes. Six.
I won't bother with detail - that's for when I convince a real reviewer to come here - but I will say that the one specific reason we're coming back to Liguria is to eat here again.
And hopefully again after that.
That good.
Oh, and considering the standard and quality, the bill was laughable. In a good way.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you go there, you should prepare yourself to eat a very very great, delicious, and complete menu with several dishes. The manager is very friendly and the cooker too. They asked each time if we enjoyed our meals, and were happy to see that we finish every plate.
You can go there with your lover, family or friends.
Even we came late, my husband and I (at 10 pm) they were very welcoming. We'll go back at our next trip in Imperia, and we recommand it.
June 2014 - From Geneva

1  Thank Amelise
Reviewed 10 August 2013

While on holidays in Casa Ubaga we had a number of meals at Trattoria Vignola. this is a very local style of restaurant with a set tasting menu that is prepared while you eat. There is one sitting and this begins at 8pm. make sure you are hungry as there are 6 courses with a number of small dishes in every course. All the meals are prepared from locally produced foods including the wine. The food is excellent but make sure you ask to see the English Menu which I tidied up for the owner. Local wine, beers and water are all include in the price of €30 per head. The food is excellent ranging from vegetable dishes to pasta to wild boar and rabbit. the local wine is nice and the venue is friendly and nice.