“Best fish & chips we had in England”

Cleeve Hill Golf Club
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had many meals in our 2 week visit and this was one of my favorites. Unassuming little golf course restaurant had the best fish & chips out of many consumed over the trip. Excellent steak pie. Prices very reasonable, about half the price of our usual meal. Did not get to try the desserts. I would definitely plan a meal here if I were in the area again or came for a hike .

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"sheep"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I don't play golf any more, but I visit the club regularly for meals and walks. It has a very friendly and unpretentious atmosphere about it which I find very relaxing. Not posh in the least like so many rule-bound clubs. Adequate parking.

1  Thank Bee4
Reviewed 31 October 2017

One of the best courses in England. An amazing moonscape way up on a hill with outstanding views of the countryside. The staff are great, the food is excellent, and the clubhouse is tidy. A great experience.

1  Thank stops2611
Reviewed 6 September 2017

A regular lunch stop off when I walk the dog up Cleeve Hill.
The food is lovely, homemade and can recommend the pies and lasagne. Good size portions, Excellent value for money.
Staff are always welcoming and helpful.
Recommend this place on a regular basis and always have good feedback.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Dave the Pro was so wonderful, he could have done no more, he bent over backwards to help us, lovely man. Finished the game, went to the bar for a drink and meal...members said hello as we entered and asked if we had nice game. Lady behind the bar eventually came to serve us, no greeting, poured our drinks, told us how much..end of story !!!A slightly more friendly and welcoming service and we would have stayed to eat...shame, how many other have thought like us !!!