“A Little Gem”
other travellers have booked this property
Private decked patio overlooking the garden
Stylish bedroom with king size bed Spacious lounge/kitchen/diner
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Private decked patio overlooking the garden
Stylish bedroom with king size bed
Spacious lounge/kitchen/diner
Spacious lounge/kitchen/diner
Comfortable double sofa bed
The bathroom
Rusper House
The Annexe nestled into the trees.
Piddlehinton Village
River Piddle through the village
Views over the Millennium Green
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

theabbotp...
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“A Little Gem ”
Reviewed 30 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

As someone who reads reviews on TripAdvisor I always look for the negative as much as the positive comments, and with this in mind I suppose if there was anything which caught my eye then it was that this property is an annexe. However, let me say from the outset, in my 10 day stay I can happily say this wasn't an issue once.
Rusper house is literally on the edge of Piddlehinton, a typical Dorset village and around 10 minutes drive from Dorchester.
The annexe itself is, as others have said, much brighter and spacious than the photos depict, and the small patio area is a suntrap and great to sit outdoors at breakfast or in the afternoon.
Inside is comfortable, and really well appointed. I liked the fact that there was a bath as it enabled me to take my first in well over a year-such things aren't readily available in Argentina!
The double bed was comfortable, as was-according to my daughter-the sofa bed which was easily folded.
The kitchen had everything I could wish for, other reviews mention no freezer but that wasn't missed by us at all, everything else was there even a couple of silicone egg poachers, and to be honest they, and the cafetiere, were of more use to me.
Jo was a delight to deal with, she and her husband have a young family but were unobtrusive and quiet even when out in the garden.
If I had one area for improvement it would be some wooden coat hangers for the wardrobe would be a welcome addition, so if that is the worst I can say then Jo has pretty much got this place perfect.
On my next holiday to Dorset I will be sure to try and stay here.
Well worthy of 5 stars!

Management Response
20 Aug 2018
Thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm so glad you had a great trip and look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future!
hgee
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A pleasant stay!”
Reviewed 22 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

We stayed for 2 weeks in June and enjoyed our stay at Rusper House Annex
The accommodation was light and spacious ; the kitchen area and bathroom were clean and modern and the bedroom was quiet and comfortable.
We agree with others who think that a freezer section on the fridge but be a good idea but this is a minor issue.
The house is on the outskirts of the beautiful village of Piddlehinton which is close to many attractions nearby.
We recommend staying at this location.

Gabrielle...
“Handy comfortable flat for exploring Dorset”
Reviewed 21 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We had a lovelyfew days break in this part of Dorset and enjoyed the comfort of returning to this apartment each evening. It is well equipped/ even has a washing machine.The heating was good and easy to control.
The high sides of the bath were a bit difficult to get my husband over so that he could use the the shower but
Otherwise no complaints.
Would recommend this to all unless seriously disabled by mobility issues.

Redditch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

David S
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay!”
Reviewed 9 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Me and me partner recently had a lovely short break at Rusper House. It looks small from outside but appearances can be deceptive as the accommodation opens out into very generously sized rooms, all very well appointed and clean. Piddlehinton is a great location as it is very quiet and rural yet within easy reach of great days out in the Weymouth/Portland area. There is also a lovely pub within walking distance of the annexe which is well worth a visit. Finally our host Jo was extremely friendly and welcoming and kindly left us plenty of goodies in the kitchen and even a pint of milk for a nice cup of tea once you've unpacked! Highly recommended!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing