1,653 results
All reviews stayed at the marriott san carlo manchester airport the executive lounge park and fly taxi company leisure club two double beds leisure facilities an early flight days parking steam room car parking reception staff family room overnight stay stayed one night
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

This well situated hotel near the airport was the venue for a family wedding this weekend.
Our double room was clean and tidy,although we believe would have been greatly enhanced for the price with a small fridge and free WIFI in the room as in public areas.(£15 for loyalty membership to use WIFI for one day in the room not a good deal,make it free.) .
The large square pillows not to our liking and we found uncomfortable,spare
s in the room would allow flexibilty.
A lack of electrical sockets,as in only one by the desk, was a bit of an annoyance,
espeicially as there were none by the beds to charge phones tablets etc.The hairdryer attached in the drawer somewhat irritating to my partner.
We enjoyed the Wedding ceremony and reception ,the meal was fine and of normal standard.
In the evening we were entertained by the resident DJ with music that made party goers ebb and flow to the dance floor,but never really created a constant party atmosphere.
A fine party buffet was provided which had steak pies, amongst other finger snacks and salads, that I personally thought were excellant.
The buffet breakfast a little overpriced at £16.50 in my opinion but a varied choice to suit all tastes,was filling and tasty.
We found the staff in all departments extremely helpful and pleasant.
On the whole a pleasant weekend stay,but we have stayed in better.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rav_Khangura, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your review, and I am pleased to read some of your positive remarks. I am however sorry that some areas of the hotel failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with my team at the hotel and we will certainly look to take action and make some improvements.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to our again sometime again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Rav Khangura
Director of Operations

Reviewed 7 October 2016

We stayed here one night before flying back to the US West Coast the next day.
We dropped our rental car at Hertz in the afternoon and took a taxi to the hotel and also back to the airport the next morning.
We were checked in by Emanuel who was very courteous and helpful. He was particularly helpful when we realized that we had left an expensive camera in the taxi. Emanuel tracked the taxi down for us and arranged for it to bring the camera back to the hotel. A big thank you to him.
The room was spacious with chairs and a work desk and two queen sized beds. With only one window/door opening to the courtyard the room was quite dark and gloomy and we would not have wanted an extended stay there.
The hotel had a small Executive Lounge with a few items of food in the evening and some breakfast items in the morning. The manager offered to fetch additional items from the full breakfast buffet if we wanted, but we declined as we prefer to fly on a light breakfast.
The lift was broken so we had to have our luggage brought down, but that and arranging the taxi was handled very smoothly.
As a jumping off point for our trip home the hotel was perfect.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Sad reasons for staying, colleague need a direct flight back to the US, his father had passed away, that afternoon.

The rooms are a little tired, but clean & comfy. Reception, bar & restaurant areas clean & modern. Staff very help & friendly, family catered for, couple well behaved toddlers at breakfast.

Getting to your room, is not a walk in the park, but it's well sign posted, just don't drink too much at the bar, then it will be challenging.

So to my matrix, the black pudding, not only do they serve it, it's darn good. Not curled up & fatty, just right. If black pudding is good, then the Hotel can't be faulted ...

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2016

We used this Marriott as a stopover having come back from holiday. We arrived at 3am and were given a lovely room, in fact a massive room for what we had paid. one downside was it was a fair distance from reception and down stairs. We had loads of luggage and asked to use the porter service, which was brilliant when quiet, but took forever on departure, due to the hotel being so busy. We paid extra for breakfast and received a nice hot full cooked breakfast and lovely service too. didn't get to use the leisure facilities.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We booked a spa day, along with treatments for my mums birthday and felt disappointed as soon as we stepped into the changing rooms. There were children running around everywhere, no lockers available and food all over the floor. As we entered the swimming area we discovered that swimming lessons were taking place, not even in a small section of the pool but everywhere! This is NOT what I expected from a spa, nor was it relaxing! There was also nowhere to sit or even swim and the jacuzzi wasn't working. We felt out of place instantly as we were dressed in robes and everyone watching their children during lessons stared at us. I felt so disappointed I didn't even stay for my treatment and asked for a refund, which I failed to get. Honestly if you're looking for a relaxing day, don't come here... it'll be much cheaper to pay to go to a local swimming pool, because its honestly the same! I left with a headache and it honestly ruined my mums birthday. I've been to numerous spas prior to this, paid a lot less and got a lot more for my money.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Rav_Khangura, Manager at Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Hayley_22_91,

I am sorry to learn of your experience during your spa day. Please can I ask that you email me at rav.khangura@marriott.com so that we can look into this matter and respond directly back to you.

Kindest regards,