“Truly Amazing!”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Charley P
“Truly Amazing!”
Reviewed 20 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

I've just returned from a week at Yoga Sutra Shala and I feel amazing! The retreat is truly a holistic experience that everyone should have. The house is located in a small village that is over looked by beautiful mountains. From the moment you step foot in the retreat you immediately feel welcomed by Namit, Maru and the Yoga Sutra Shala team ... I think my shoulders dropped by about an inch just from the aura of the place! The rooms are clean and comfortable with air conditioning, not to mention the welcome gift that is more than just your standard 'chocolate on the pillow' affair. The rest of the retreat is just as comfortable. The house has cozy nooks for you to relax and recharge in and a small kitchen to prepare drinks and make the occasional snack in between classes. The dining area allows everyone to enjoy the social side to the retreat - you'll make lots of friends here! The pool is the perfect place to relax with sun loungers and umbrellas but if you aren't a sun worshipper then you can rest in the shade of a tree in one of the many hammocks or seated areas in the garden.

As a meat eater and someone who occasionally likes to indulge in fast food I was concerned that I would spend the week hungry on organic, vegetarian meals but I couldn't have been more wrong! The food was out of this world! Every day we had a fantastic array of freshly prepared filling and nutritious meals. The chef, Amparo not only prepares all the meals but she shares her knowledge about nutrition and how to create balanced meals with everyone. Her nurturing and spiritual aura is, in my humble opinion, one of the many reasons why the retreat is so successful.

The welcome pack as well as the daily updated chalkboard lets you know what activities are on offer but there is no pressure, you can join in or not as you choose. During my stay I joined the yoga for beginners, guided meditation, cooking and Shiatsu workshops and not to mention the early morning hike up the mountain to see the sunrise - this is a must-see in my opinion. The yoga classes are in the morning and late afternoon. As an instructor, Namit's eye for detail means that he is constantly giving advice about how to improve your posture throughout the sequences, tailoring his advice to individual participants. These are not just throwaway comments, he ensures you understand how what he is asking you to do will improve your practice as well as the flow of energy through your body. Although Namit takes his role seriously he has a wonderful sense of humour that makes even the very beginners feel welcome and confident in what they are doing. And always remember to keep your half smile as even with your back to him, Namit can tell when it's not there! If this wasn't enough Namit was on hand during the day to answer any questions we had about the chanting, pranayama, yoga and meditation classes and his knowledge of food and nutrition is bordering on encyclopaedic! During my week I also attended an Ashtanga class with Maru. Like Namit, Maru demonstrated the postures showing different levels that made it accessible to all levels. She supported all the participants and was very patient especially when I got a fit of the giggles!

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the volunteers at the retreat. The dedicated group of people who looked after us throughout our stay were incredible. They were constantly on hand to help answer any questions, provide support during yoga classes and generally ensure that our stay went well. They also lead several of the workshops during the day. I could tell that Namit and Maru had carefully chosen them not only for their interest in yoga but also their friendly and caring nature.

Yoga Sutra Shala is a truly amazing place ... it would be a shame for anyone to miss it!

Date of stay: August 2017
22 Aug 2017
Ah Charley your words are so beautiful :) I am going to print this and show it to everyone :) I am sure that Amparo, all the volunteers, Maru and everyone else would love to give you loads of hugs :) Thank you for bringing so many half smiles and so much wonderful energy here :)

We all really miss you :)

Lots of hugs :)

Namit, Maru, Anya and everyone :)
paoname
Mexico City, Mexico
“Beautiful and relaxing”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

It was an amazing experience I hope to repeat soon! I loved the yoga and meditation classes, the food, the place with the view to the mountains is just beautiful and the people are so kind. I'm very glad I decided to go and I miss it already! I learned a lot and enjoyed every minute. I felt like everything was just so pure and authentic. Love to Namit and Maru :) !

Your age range 18-24
17 Aug 2017
Ah Paola thanks a lot :) You know we miss you so much too :) You are such a unique person :) We really do hope that we meet once again :)

Namit, Maru and Anya
Julia L
“Two weeks in paradise”
Reviewed 7 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

Feeling that one week may be too short to really get a break from work, I booked two weeks at Yoga Sutra Shala. Initially, I was a little hesitant whether that was a risky decision, seeing that I knew nothing about the place and might not like it. I knew I had made the right decision from the moment I walked through the door. The house is stunningly beautiful, the Yoga teaching breathes authenticity and sincerity, the other participants were altogether kind, funny, respectful, and interesting to talk to. The volunteers also made this a very special place. It honestly felt like paradise, the moment I thought to myself "a tea would be nice" or "something sweet would be nice now", the exact thing I had just thought about seemed to magically appear out of nowhere. It is very obvious that Namit and Maru - who also happen to be two very interesting and kind people - are really doing this because they love teaching yoga, and that they are not in it for the profit. When I missed two busses in Alicante and almost couldn't make it in time for the shuttle, Namit offered to pay for my taxi. When I decided to stay at the resort in between the two retreat for the weekend rather than go to Alicante, he let me stay for free. Where else does sth like that happen? These two weeks didnt just give me plenty to think about and helped me make positive changes in my life, I also made a ton of great new friends. I will be back.

11 Aug 2017
Hi Julia

Ah thank you for your lovely words :) You know you are so warm that you attract friendship to yourself wherever you go :) It was such a lovely experience having you here for 2 weeks :) As I told you - you have now become our family :) You cannot imagine how much we all miss you :) You made all of us feel so happy :)

Namaste

Namit, Maru, Anya, Amparo and all of the volunteers :)
ClarisseF...
Paris, France
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 5 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

I had an amazing week with Namit and Maru in July. The house is very nice, with an amazing view over the mountains, and is perfect when you look for a peaceful and quiet place to rest and meditate. The schedules were perfect and well balanced between the yoga and meditation classes and free time. Alghough I was a beginner in yoga every posture was adapted to every level and Namit and Maru are great teachers, and I surprised myself when I came home repeating some of the yoga routine I learned every morning and night.
Food was excellent and we got very interesting nutrition advice.
Namit knows how to create a great atmosphere, full of kindness and compassion (which is also what you will get to learn there), and thus created excellent relationships between everyone, including the volunteers.
I highly recommend this place for a retreat, where I will myselfgo back undoubdtedly!

9 Aug 2017
Hi Clarisse

We had an amazing week with you too :) Your yoga practice was so wonder so wonderful to watch and it was an honour to see you grow :) You know you have so much lovely energy :) You know you will always be welcome back with a really big hug and many warm smiles :) You are a very special student :)

Namit and Maru
lisamarie...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Energizing, inspiring, peaceful retreat”
Reviewed 5 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

You arrive to warm handshakes and smiles and leave with bigs hugs and new friends.
This retreat is a very special place which I'm so glad I found. As a first time solo traveller I was a little apprehensive going alone, however everything is so well organised and thought through; from the collection at the airport to the lovely volunteers who look after you for the week, once I arrived I felt completely at ease.
I had a lovely room to myself but to be honest the house and gardens are so nice I didn't want to spend much time in my room. Loved being able to have late night swims in the pool after dinner and see the bats flying over, or sit under a tree in the meditation garden with a book listening to nature. Time had little meaning here.
Namit's yoga classes were very educational and inspiring and I ended the retreat very pleased at being able to do a headstand, which I have never managed before!
Mealtimes need a special mention not only for the amazing veggie food, but the communal eating, nutritional facts and questions from Namit and so much laughter from the group.
I would love to return to this special place and have taken so much from it back to my everyday life.

8 Aug 2017
Thanks Lisa it was such a pleasure having you here :) You know all of us miss you here especially your amazing smile :) It is like you have left a part of yourself here :) Hope we meet again one day :)

Namit
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.