“perfect for young families”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Anyone for Tennis?
Playground
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
deanosars
Limerick, Ireland
“perfect for young families”
Reviewed 7 November 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I stayed in July 2014 along with my wife and young son, we were accompanied by a few friends and their young kids. It was amazing, the staff are extremely helpful. Lots of things to do, heated outdoor pool for the kids along with a weekly BBQ and kiddies entertainment. The houses were perfect. Loads of beds, cots for babies and most importantly they were very quiet. With a secure gate at the front entrance, playground, tennis courts, and outdoor activity area for the kids it is the ideal family holiday. We will definitely stay there again.

Liked best: Private and safe
Liked least: nothing, even the weather was great
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Sue L
Pett, United Kingdom
“An ideal spot”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We have just returned from one week at Carleton village where we were joined by my daughter, son in law, and two grandaughters ages 6 and 4 years. The accommodation was spotlessly clean and very well equiped with adequate space for all of us. The bedrooms are of a good side and the beds are comfortable. The main bedroom is particularly spacious and has an en suite. The pool obviously wasn't open but the girls enjoyed the playpark and husband and son in law had a fun game of tennis. Carleton village is in the most beautiful spot with stunning sea views and Youghal has miles of sands just a short car ride away from Carlton. The area is all very rural with little traffic on the road but having said that there was plenty to occupy us during the week and we really enjoyed our stay.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Ingrid D
Galway, Ireland
“Too far away from amenities”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

The Apartment was clean and tidy. However, the television picture was poor. We found that the complex only average. They was no lift in the Apartment block we were in and we had to carry everything down two fligts and indeed there was a further flight below us. There was no shop on site and eventhough there was a shop that was recommended to us it was quite a walk down a very steep hill and would have been difficult to walk up with a large amount of shopping. It would have been virtually impossible to stay without having a car at your disposal.

There was a barbecue on the Tuesday evening which finished at 7.30 p.m. but depending on the size of your apartment a fee of a minimum of €15.00 was required to be paid.

We requested a babysitter and were advised to give some notice. We notified them on the Monday for the following Friday, and on Thursday when we informed them that we did not require the babysitter we were informed that they had not in fact, requested a babysitter.

I suppose one thing that I found difficult to deal with. We were travelling with our three year old son. On one occasion I brought him down to play. I asked at Reception where the Kids Club was and I was sent over to a playground area with swings etc. where a number of children were playing. My son started playing with the other children and after about 15 minutes a young lady came to the play ground area and started to remove all the children from the area. When I asked her where all the children were going she said they were part of the kids club and were going for something to eat. She asked me had we signed in and I said no, but that I had gone to the office and was told the kids club was over in the playground. She said she had 24 children and the group was, in fact, full. My son and I were then left in the playground by ourselves. Luckily my son is not a sensitive child and he continued to play away. After a few minutes the children returned to the playground and again started playing and again my son was playing with them when the same lady once again removed all the children out of the playground area onto a grass area just outside the playground area in full view of my son. I have to say I found this behaviour appalling. I am not sure whether the playgroup required extra payment and if so I can understand removing the children for food, but to leave a child on his own in the playground and delibertly isolate him in order that the other children could play outside in the grass seems extremely roude to me.

The other difficulty was security. We passed in and out of the complex at various times during the day and night and at no stage was there any security and the gates were always open.

Liked best: Views
Liked least: Security and Customer Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Miceál O
Eochaill, Cork, Ireland
“Seaside Paradise on the Emerald Island”
Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in July 2012

Few holiday accomodations in Ireland can boast the vista, location and amenities as does Carleton Village. Entering the secure gates gives any parent a sense of family security. Immediately visible are the private tennis courts, playground, kids centre, beautifully landscaped and manicured grounds and a beautiful enclosed outdoor pool, barbeque pit, lawn bowling and activities grounds. With quick walking access to the Strand, the beach, Auru leisure centre, the quays and the village Carleton Village offers all that a holiday maker could want, young or old, family or couples or even groups.

The units vary from cottages (large and small), apartments and a few penthouses with balconies overlooking the sea. They are large, new, well maintained and exceptionally well furnished.

Carleton Village is a must for any holiday maker.

Bedding & mattresses Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfort of the lodgings and access to everything
Liked least: I can't find a single thing to complain of (and I am a complainer)
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Miriam S
Limerick, Ireland
“WOW WOW WOW”
Reviewed 8 January 2013 for a stay in August 2012

This is the best family self catering in Ireland...... the facilities were amazing for my 3 young kids under 6 and it felt so safe. My mother and extended family booked for 3 weeks to stay here as a family get together as a family member had finished treatment in hospital and after I called and saw there house on our day trip, I booked a additional house that just happened to cancel that day for the week even though I could only stay 4 days with the kids. ( which involved driving back home 2.5 hours to pack our bags)

The facilities are so good for kids that after 2 days I realised I had not spent money on sweets, sand buckets or any other relevant pester goods as my kids were too busy runing to the outdoor pool ( supervised by a life guard, beyond excellent for watching the kids in the water and giving them toys etc to play with) or the 2 play areas. I have a coeliac child and going away is a nighmare but not here. There was a steep back entrances down to beach that provided hours of walks and sand castles.

For the mommies, the early walk down the beach with a stop at the cafe near the tower was amazing, dads didnt need to freet in the morning as the kids were up early to get out of the house to go to the playground.

There was a free communial BBQ, which got the whole village together as a community and increased the sences of security when your kids wanted to play outside. The houses are very nice and very clean.

As this is Ireland we had rain on our trip, but it didnt prevent the kids from going to the pool, they were going to be wet anyway!

Will be returning in 2013

Liked best: kids facilities
Liked least: kitchen a little small
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing