All reviews the pub next morning close to the airport good size short stay room was clean and comfortable an overnight stay bunratty castle stayed for one night full irish breakfast family room night's sleep airport hotel last night rental car bar ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2018

This is a pleasant, no frills hotel a few miles from Shannon Airport, in the Ballycasey area of Shannon, on the old road to the airport, close to shops. Staff were very friendly, food was good and the service was prompt. It's a place for people on the move - arriving from, or leaving for, Shannon Airport, or on the road. It's not a destination hotel, but it serves travelers well.
I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret F
John G, Owner at Shannon Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate you doing so. I am delighted to hear the team here at Shannon Springs Hotel looked after you during your stay, and that you enjoyed your meal with us. I will pass on your kind comments to all here.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

John Gavin

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I needed a place to stay close to the Shannon airport and this place fit the bill. The room was clean and comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, and the restaurant was great.

Fyi if you're going to the airport early in the morning book your taxi the night before. It's tough to find a taxi in Shannon in the morning!

Trip type: Travelled solo
John G, Propriétaire at Shannon Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very lucky to have such an excellent team working here and I'll share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

Wanting to be near Shannon Airport the night before my flight home, I chose Shannon Springs for the location and onsite restaurant. While I didn't visit the restaurant, the location was perfect, just minutes from the airport. It was clean, the gentleman at reception was very helpful and accommodating when I asked to change room after I'd just brought all my luggage in. He moved me to the room across the hall which made it a very easy move.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kitty43017
John G, Owner at Shannon Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are very lucky to have such an excellent team working here and I will share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Shannon Springs Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

When we checked into our room we found the carpet wet all around the outside of the bathroom wall. Suspect the shower or tub was leaking. They said hotel was full for the night so they couldn't move us. The room smelled musty. The clerk did comp us breakfast but a different room would have been nicer. With the heat wave going on all they had was a fan that sat on the floor. Did not get much sleep prior to our flight out the next morning. The food and service was very good in the restaurant. Thought they offered free transportation to the airport but found out we needed to take a taxi. Disappointed with our last night in Ireland.

Room tip: Check out the room before paying for the night. Know that there is no A/C in rooms.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John G, Owner at Shannon Springs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Rekab3

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we really appreciate your feedback. I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately we were fully booked up when the problem was made aware to us and can assure you the problem has been rectified.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your dining experience with us and I will pass on these kind comments to the team here.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to restore your faith in us.

John Gavin

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Very nice hotel; wonderful breakfast. We stayed there the night before we flew back home out of Shannon airport. Conveniently located. We ate there for supper and breakfast, and the food was very good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear sconnau,

We really appreciate your feedback and I will share your kind comments with all the kitchen team.