All reviews omey island fire pit private beach campers kitchen sand dunes eco beach great campsite camper van crystal clear water highly recommend this campsite low density great pitch camp kitchen clean facilities magical place beautiful location heavy rain
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Idyllic retreat in a beautiful sorrounding on the Connemara coast hosted by a very helpful and welcoming family, who runs this unique place under eco friendly philosophy. Hot shower, clean toilettes and sites with stunning views made our trip unforgettable. We’ll definitely come back!

2  Thank Francisca J
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This campsite is unique and the best campsite we have ever stayed in! The location and views are spectacular!!! The staff are fantastic and so welcoming! The facilities are great and clean - they are unisex which will be helpful for families! The showers take euros for 5 minutes which shows how environmentally friendly the site is. The kitchen was useful as we visited when it was bright but very cold!
We did not want to leave this campsite, it was flawless! Fantastic place!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeckyJA93
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Visited this lovely part of the world on our visit to Ireland and stayed for 2 nights at the Eco Beach.

Met with our hosts Tatjana and Kris who were very welcoming and friendly, by far the best Irish welcome we had received on our trip.

We had a selection of pitches to choose from overlooking a beautiful sandy beach to stream pitches on the opposite side of the park. The facilities were always hygienic and well maintained with clean spring water for showering. Its just like camping in nature but with the added supports of a modern campsite.

Safety was a priority for us in our little tent but we felt very assured as the campsite is well operated by its owners. We would recommend this eco-campsite to all types of campers who love the nature as it is safe, secure, eco-friendly with spectacular views and above all, welcoming.

Stayed: April 2018
2  Thank zakina803
Reviewed 23 April 2018

In my 33 years of life I have camped at dozens of campsites around the UK and Ireland. In every case I have found them friendly, welcoming and above all trusting places. Camping and people who camp tend to have each others backs and are always ready and willing to help each other out with advice, tools or just a friendly chat.

Unfortunately, these concepts seem to have gone missing at this campsite.

Yesterday (April 2018) my fiance and I decided to go camping for the night on the spur of the moment. I googled campsites nearby and found this site. I called ahead and asked a very helpful and friendly lady if we could book a pitch for the night. She took my name and told me that there was no need to book, just show up and she would make sure someone was there to meet us when we arrived at around 2pm.

We drove the 2 hours from Galway city down to the site but by this stage the rain had set in quite heavily. We were sitting in the car for a while deciding whether to stay or not and decided to stretch our legs and have a wander around to see if the rain eased up any. While down on the beach we were shouted at by a very rude man. He demanded to know what we were doing and told us we couldn't be there because of their child protection policy (this is April there wasn't a child or another adult anywhere to be seen) and could be please leave. He didn't even give us a chance to tell him that we had called ahead and booked and who we were. I was so taken back I started walking back towards the car. He followed us, separated us, while aggressively and repeatedly asking why we hadn't gone straight to reception. At this stage I felt so threatened and unwelcome there wasn't a chance of us staying. I turned and said 'look we are leaving now anyway' to which he said 'I think that you had better'. I have literally never been so shocked or felt so unwelcome in a place in all my life. I left the site feeling ready to cry.

Just looking here on other reviews I guess we should feel thankful that we weren't whistled at like a dog to or held to ransom with a clamp.

In conclusion,
If a sea view is what you are after this looks like a nice spot,
If the usual friendly, welcoming and trusting atmosphere is what you are after then I suggest you go elsewhere.
And if you are planning a trip to this place, make damn sure you surrender yourself to reception the minute you arrive,
probably with both hands up in the air for good measure.

8  Thank pbreen05
ClifdenecoCampsite, Manager at Clifden ecoBeach Camping & Caravanning Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

**** Vexatious Reviewer Trespassing****
Reviewer with her male companion was an 'unauthorized entrant' at Clifden eco Beach Park. She was encountered entering the beach area after having used the sanitary facilities, these are restrictive areas which are reserved exclusively for our guests. Clifden ecoBeach takes these actions seriously. Reviewer disrespected prohibition signs, posted at entry and within the Parks boundaries in order to enter these restrictive areas. They did not present themselves to reception nor did they have a pre-booking. When questioned about their behaviour their only defense was that of rudeness and threatening behaviour. Reviewer statements of this nature are typical of this type of encounter.

Clifden Eco Beach Camping & Caravanning Park endevours to provide a safe, secure & private camping environment to its customers in this beautiful part of Connemara. Therefore had no alternative other than to remove these individuals from the premises.

**** Tripadvisor Integrity Compromised ****
We wish to note that vexatious reviews of this nature seriously erode the integrity of Tripadvisor, its policies & objectives. No ‘customer service experience’ took place as reviewer was an ‘unauthorized entrant’ & not a ‘customer’. Therefore, review is biased & not of value to the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived late and were setting up when Kris met us and showed us around his beautiful site. He advised us on a better pitch with a vista over Acton beach and helped manoeuvre our caravan into the best position. Facilities were spotless and loads of info on local tourist attractions and environment.

We intended an overnight stay but abandoned our intention of touring Ireland and stayed a week here. Watched dolphins in the bay while having breakfast - It doesn’t get any better!

I would recommend this site to backpackers and caravan owners and saw both being made very welcome.

One of our top sites of all time.

4  Thank john_reid63