All reviews cute room outstanding hosts scones public car park great place to stay spent one night great position breakfast was delicious no elevator overlooking the water visit kinsale stayed longer excellent stay could not have been more middle of town next morning stayed two nights
Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is a fantastic place to stay. Quiet yet close enough to walk to pubs and restaurants. Husband and wife are a great team. They were both so friendly I feel like I made new friends. I really want to go back and stay longer. We had a Junior suite and our son had a standard room. Boy oh boy the rooms were so large and comfortable. The breakfast is so good you just can’t stop eating. I have never had porridge that was so creamy and delicious, I loved the tomatoes so much I got an extra one on our second day. The beds were comfortable sheets were high quality and we just loved this place. They now have 3 parking spaces also.

Room Tip: All rooms are large
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

If you like Annapolis, Maryland or Newport Rhode Island you will fall in love with Newport’s sister city Kinsale, Ireland. And the most wonderful inn is Long Quay House. It’s a beautiful old Georgian 10 bedroom home that has been turned into the most welcoming inn... The hosts couldn’t be any more lovely.... enjoy your stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018

This is a great place to stay in Kinsale if you seek quieter surroundings and are comfortable walking a few blocks to nearby restaurants and pubs. We stayed in the largest suite, which faces the street, and has room for a nice big bed, sofa, chairs, coffee table, desk and TV. However, I peeked my head into the other rooms and they're fairly good sizes, too. There is no formal closet, but a very large armoire that holds hanging garments and has a couple of shelves for folded clothing. I loved the deep windowsills (we definitely opened the windows and sat in them a few times), the beautiful heavy drapes and high quality sheets and pillows.

We slept so well, despite being roadside, but I think that's because the location is slightly off the beaten path. Service was great – everything from check-in to morning breakfast to people keeping an eye out for parking spots that were opening so we could sneak our car in. I can't believe how much the husband-wife owners do day-to-day at the hotel. They seemed to get to know everyone by name and sought feedback during the stay. If you value sleep, comfort and a good breakfast, definitely give it a try.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Great location in Kinsale. Accommodation is excellent - very clean and comfortable. Proprietors offer a fantastic service and are so friendly. A great choice for breakfast which was cooked to order with plenty of fresh tea and coffee. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Owners spare no effort in updating and modernizing this beautiful Georgian house right on the quay in colorful Kinsale. Friendly and attentive staff, always finding time to cheerfully point you in a good direction for shopping, dining and sight-seeing. The breakfast, prepared by the energetic owner, was nicely served --,including the best scones ever! This is a really great choice for walking and driving tours in all directions. We chose a junior suite in the front, looking out over the harbor and also over the town with its quaint little homes and businesses.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple