“Best place to stay in Kinsale!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Grace655
Dublin, Ireland
“Best place to stay in Kinsale!”
Reviewed 11 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013
person found this review helpful

A group of friends and I stay in The Anchorage every year for the May Bank holiday weekend. This is our 3rd year in a row going back and we wouldn't stay anywhere else! This house has it all and the letting agency couldn't be nicer to deal with. It's a perfect location, situated on the water and it's close enough to walk to Kinsale town.The house is constantly being improved and we will be booking again next year! Would highly recommend.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location of the house is perfect.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Noreen512
Bath, United Kingdom
“The best place to stay in Kinsale...”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 for a stay in April 2013
person found this review helpful

This year was the second time we have stayed at the Anchorage, and it just gets better. The house itself is a fabulous mix of old and new which works really well. Very well appointed, immaculately clean and superbly situated at the water's edge in Summercove, it is perfect for active holidays (sailing, walking) or for just chilling out, lighting the fire and watching the tides come and go.

The facilities in the house include fast broadband and computing/printing facilities so if you need to keep in touch with the office it is very easy and convenient. Netflix in the bedrooms was a sure fire winner for teenage boys (although it made it harder to get them to sleep/wake!) The terrace and sun room are fantastic for entertaining and the well equipped kitchen made it easy to prepare meals when necessary.

The Bulman across the road is a fabulous pub: great atmosphere, friendly staff and good food. Kinsale, just a short walk along the lovely Scilly path, is full of interesting places to eat. Stop in The Spaniard on the way - another great favourite in our family.

The welcome and the service at the Anchorage are also top notch. I would highly recommend this holiday let to anyone who is looking for something really special.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, right on the water
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
Cathy K
Dublin, Ireland
“Convenient, hassle free and enjoyable”
Reviewed 23 January 2012 for a stay in April 2011

I stayed at 'The Anchorage' for one week over Easter 2011 with my husband and teenage boys who were doing a sailing course in Kinsale. From the moment we booked our stay, I was delighted with the professionalism and level of service. I felt the management team valued my custom and did their very best to provide added value to me and my family. I was very impressed with the extra services they offered and friendly advice. The views from the balcony were second to none and watching my boys sailing from the comfort of The Anchorage was priceless. The location was fab and The Bulman pub right across the way from the back door really made the difference, the bar food there was reasonably priced and delicious and the teenagers even sat with us to listen to the trad music there which played most evenings- The Bulman is definitely one of the few real trad 'craic agus ceol' pubs left in Ireland - it most certainly left a lasting impression on me! The fact that the Anchorage is so modern in terms of technology really worked for us as a family- the teenagers were occupied in the evening on the computer or playing music and the television had Sky movies which we enjoyed watching as a family! I really couldn't criticize the management or the house, we all very much enjoyed ourselves and the kids are already looking forward to this years sailing course when they get to stay in 'the really cool gaf'. ! Overall , I would highly recommend The Anchorage to anybody, and I was particularly surprised at how well it worked out for us as a family staying there.

Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
AROUNDTHE...
Cork, Ireland
“The house exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed 12 January 2012 for a stay in May 2011

We stayed in the anchorage in Kinsale for a week in May with friends. The house exceeded our expectations, it is so luxurious and beautiful, you could easily tell it was recently upgraded and in perfect condition, clean, comfortable, fantastic location with breathtaking waterfront views. We had such a lovely week and can’t recommend highly enough and we hope to go back next summer!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the house itself
Liked least: We only stayed for a week, should have booked for longer!
Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 25-34
Families with young children Large groups
SeamusCor...
Cork
“Fabulous house in a breathtaking Location”
Reviewed 5 January 2012 for a stay in November 2011

From the moment I set foot in this house I felt immediately at home . The location took my breath away . The Kitchen , Living room and the conservatory literally hang over the waters edge . This was fitting considering the main reason for my stay in Kinsale was a sailing course . Although the owners tell me the original house was built over 400 years ago , It is very tastefully fitted out comprehensively with all the 21st centuary essentials like fast broadband connectivity cable T.V and State of the art kitchen etc .The management of this home were very welcoming and helpful pointing me in the right direction to all that Kinsale has to offer. Literally thirty seconds walk from the house is the Bulman pub with Toddies restaurant upstairs . After a week in the Anchorage I felt totally relaxed . Five stars for The Anchorage . Hopefully I will be back next year .

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Weather
Travelling group: With Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing