All reviews hen party copper pot stayed here hard working couple lovely hotel west cork central location beautiful town lobby area comfortable bed next morning family run hotel short break brown bread couldn't do enough full irish night stay
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this lovely establishment while we holidayed around Ireland 2 weeks ago. Stayed in Clonakilty for 3 nights and both myself and my partner loved this hotel from the minute we stepped inside. With its ideal location in the centre of town and it's top class service it is a must for an overnight stay in Clonakilty. Check in was smooth and very efficient - bedroom was lovely and breakfast was top class! Management were very friendly and helped us with any questions we had about recommendations for day trips and local areas of interest during our visit. We also ate in the hotel each evening. Lovely friendly atmosphere in this hotel - highly recommend for anyone taking a trip to West Cork.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suecol12321
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during a last minute trip to west cork recently. Hotel is very old fashioned could do with a makeover. Waited ages at reception before anyone arrived to check us in. Our room was nice but again very dated just one tiny window meant it felt slightly claustrophobic. Stains on the duvet cover. Someone else underwear left in the room from previous stay. Light in the bathroom takes 5 minutes to come on plus shower was poor, beds and pillows were like rocks. Breakfast was a disappointment full Irish is far from full although service was quick and the staff were polite. Scones were also undercooked. It was also quite noisy due to a hen party that weekend. Good location in clonakilty though close to everything you need. However probably wouldn’t stay again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Edel M
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed in a beautiful apartment in gorgeous Clonakilty. Family members were staying in this hotel so I planned to join them for breakfast. I obviously asked at reception if I could do so and I was met with a very rude lady. She needed to check with a colleague and then informed me " No, it's residents only". Customer service was very poor and in fairness I was one person asking to join my family. I will never return to this hotel, nor will my many relatives that paid to stay with you on that particular weekend. The boom must be back if ye are turning away customers at 9.30 am on a Sunday morning. Poor service and poor manners.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank irishtourist20
Christopher B, Manager at The Clonakilty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Non Resident

You did ask at reception if you could have breakfast as a non resident at 9.45am on Sunday morning, the receptionist did check and we were not able to accommodate you, that is not being rude if we were not able to look after you.
I did talk to your mother and explained that we had 7 free tables (as she would have seen) at the time and had 51 residents to arrive for breakfast in the next 15 minutes, and unfortunately that we had to look after our residents 1st. She would have seen other residents waiting for tables by 9.50am.
This may not have suited you, but our priority is to our residents that we knew would be arriving for breakfast at that time period.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

This has been the second time i have stayed in the Clonakilty Hotel for business purposes
I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough
The customer service from both staff and management is second to none
I would advise anyone whlist in the area to avail of this great family run hotel
Be sure to try the fresh scampii

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with 2 other other couples beginning of June for 1 night.

Ever so glad it was for only 1 night as that's about all I would be able to manage. The others in the party mirrored my views.

It's just okay! 3 star accommodation I feel, requires more from a place. Its dated. The halls and rooms are dated. Fixtures and fittings dated.

It was an extremely hot day and yes there's no air conditiong which is fine as it's not stated as having any but you thought you'd be able to open your windows right? Well we could open 1 small window as the window beside it, the handle just spun around so we weren't able to open it.

The lady on reception was quite abrupt and when we raised our issues she blamed everyone else but the venue.

All in all, if it's just a bed your after then you'll be fine! Other than that your money could be spent better elsewhere

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family