2,402 results
All reviews gulfstream restaurant dunes bar residents lounge relaxation room sea water gulf stream restaurant welcome drink salt water relaxation area turn down service walnut bread inchydoney island on arrival nespresso machine crab claws main restaurant beautiful beach
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Well when we thought Inchydoney Island & Spa could not get any better, WRONG new suites are amazing and as always the staff amazing, another fantastic stay at Inchydoney, huge thank you to all the staff who were excellent as always, thank you Julie for arranging another fab stay, can not praise Inchydoney enough. a gem.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear JacquiEddie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We could not ask for a better review and it's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. I'm delighted that we made such a great impression again and that the team were all able to help to make your stay as pleasant as possible. I will be passing along your kind words to all of the staff and to Julie in particular.

We greatly look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 August 2018

I stayed here for 3 nights for a family gathering in May, we were a group of 7 adults - 4 stayed in the hotel and 3 stayed in the apartments. I was very excited about the stay as I had been here several times before for lunch / coffee and the setting of the hotel is incredible.
There were a few issues over the course of the weekend including cold dinners that had to be sent back and us having to move apartments after the first night a move that we had to really push for as we were initially told they were fully booked. The main issue we found was that the staff seemed very under trained - we had to ask for everything and nothing was ever offered. I think this may have been because we stayed in May, the staff were new for the summer season and had not been trained up fully. It was the simple things that let the hotel down such as having to ask for water with dinner and not having jugs replenished during the meal, every meal we had there seemed disorganised and we ended up eating in Clonakilty 2 of the 3 nights.

This hotel is so close to being amazing but for us there were just way too many things to go wrong in 72 hours many of them small but they all added up to leave a long lasting impression. Please just give some more time and attention to your staff before throwing them in the deep end, simple things like asking if we have everything we need before walking away from the table would have made the world of difference. My boyfriend and I had seriously considered here as a wedding venue and unfortunately this weekend was enough to change our mind. I believe for the money we spent over the course of the weekend the service fell very short of what we had expected.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Breakfast best ever. Food in general excellent
Décor lovely, large comfortable residents lounge (rare these days), beautiful mirrors and paintings, blue plates and glasses.
Little things – no hook on bathroom door for robe, no shelf near shower for towel, switches a little bewildering.

Room Tip: You need to book a room above ground floor, No windows to open, only doors
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank goingtomorrow
Inchydoney, Owner at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear goingtomorrow,

I'm thrilled that you wrote such a lovely review of your time with us, thank you. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the time you spent with us and I hope we will be seeing you return in the future, as it was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you also for giving us your feedback. I greatly appreciate it and I will definitely take it on board. I will speak with our Accommodation team regarding the décor changes you suggested for the bathroom and I hope to have implemented a solution soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Had two excellent nights here recently hotel and location are fabulous staff excellent and very friendly food was gorgeous and plentiful would def recommend the pool and spa facilities we will return .its a great place as is all of west cork

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear carolinephurley,

Thank you very much for your lovely compliments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and enjoyed so many of our amenities. I'm thrilled that you said you will return, as it was a pleasure to have you as our guests. I agree with you, West Cork really is a great place - although I might be a bit biased!

We look forward to seeing you return to Inchydoney.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Went in here with a friend who is a member and used the pool sauna and steam room. It was very enjoyable and staff are very friendly. Make sure to inform gentleman at entry to car park you are booked into spa to get parking.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Gillian B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your spa day with your friend and I hope you had a pleasant trip along the Wild Atlantic Way.

I hope we might see you return to us, maybe on another trip around the Wild Atlantic Way.