1,365 results
All reviews kids club seaweed bath spa treatments bouncy castle family entertainment course dinner food was lovely family break breakfast and dinner leisure facilities both mornings two night stay sea view staff were lovely from start to finish waiting staff enjoyable stay
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel, really friendly service. Right in the centre of Bundoran. Only have to cross the road to access the start of the coastal walk/Rougey cliff walk. Everything you need including leisure centre, gym and spa

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ManagementHH, General Manager at The Holyrood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear AnnMayo, we really appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us . I am so glad that you enjoyed your break. I will pass your kind comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holyrood in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We got a great deal to stay at the holyrood, appearance of the hotel outside is old, but we didn’t judge the book by its cover! We checked in with saranna who was very welcoming and friendly! When we got to our room the first thought was very small, but nicely decorated! Although the radiator was lukewarm the room was very cold! Waking up the following morning not wanting to get out from under the sheets because of the cold is not what you expect when your paying for a break away! So we went about our business that day and went on some lovely walks which kept up out most of the day! That evening I discovered a strong draft coming from the window, almost as if the window was wide open, so I took a look and discovered that both handles where really loose but one of them was basically just hanging off and not sealing the window closed which was obviously causing the cold room! So I had to try wedge it closed! Also was a big gap in between the door and frame which always let in light and made it very noisy at times.Our deal included a dinner in the restaurant, which was very average and disappointing to be honest! The portions where small and most of the food served seemed to be just reheated! Wouldn’t recommend couples to go during midterms as there’s a lot of kids about! But in fairness it seems to be very well set up for kids! We where away without our kids so hearing lots of other kids running around and screaming wasn’t really what we where looking for but that’s no fault of the hotels!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Companion705512, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am disappointed that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I am not sure if you notified reception to let them know you required more heating in the room. We have extra radiators available. We operate our kids club during the months of July and August at at other school holiday times. I understand that that for some guests it is not an ideal mix. I will pass your comments onto the chef with regard to your dining experience. Our food is prepared fresh each day using the finest ingredients. I do hope that you will consider a future stay at the hotel at a time when the kids club is not on. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will personally look after your reservation.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel its a gorgeous place to stay so family orientated its amazing iv a big family and not many cater for my family size but the holyrood does and its brilliant rooms are fab staff are lovely so friendly and helpful with everything go out of there way if u need anything offers are best i have come across for familys pool area is fab kids club is unreal for the kids right on the beach an lots to do around you food is delish and entertainment is a bonus my kids love it highly recommend the holyrood to everyone looking for a nice break away x

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Daydream691450, I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at The Holyrood Hotel . Our kids club itinerary is fabulous, as are they staff who work there, we are very proud. Providing friendly, attentive service and offering good quality food are top priorities for us so I’m thrilled that our efforts haven’t gone unnoticed. I will pass your kind comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Had 2 night break with kids for Halloween the hotel is geared up for kids the staff were great really friendly and help the kids club was well run and kids had a ball the rooms were clean and well maintained we had meal in the restaurant on the 1st night witch was lovely and 2nd night we ate in the bar it also lovely they also do room service the kids had a pizza delived to room they thought it was great we will definitely be back again for another break thanks to all the staff

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jamiedoo, Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review about your recent stay here at the Holyrood Hotel during midterm break. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had such a positive experience at the Holyrood Hotel. I will pass your kind comments onto the team. We always hope that our guests enjoy every minute of their stay at the hotel and thankfully judging by your review, it would seem that we succeeded in our efforts.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

The hotel offered a carvery lunch, as all the meals were covered we asked the girl behind the counter what was on the menu. In an extremely disinterested manner she pointed us around the corner and we were told we could read the specials on the menu board. Myself and my father ordered turkey and ham, my son ordered a pizza. The turkey was very tough, the ham was a small slice of processed, fatty inedible muck. Veg were wet and soggy, potatoes had lumps in them, the only good thing on the plate was the stuffing. My son's pizza arrived out just as we were finishing our meals, the whole underside was burnt and black and the crust was uncooked and inedible. I ordered a large Americano coffee and got a small mug of luke warm coffee instead. The meal was way overpriced for what it was and we will never eat there again. On the plus side, as we were leaving an older member of staff approached to enquire as to how our meal was, when we explained we were not at all happy she was very apologetic and said that we should have informed someone. But at that stage we'd already paid and just wanted to get out of there! Take my advice, do not waste your money, eat elsewhere in Bundoran!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Rose186605, I am disappointed to read your review of your dining experience at the Waterfront Carvery. Your comments are certainly not typical of the feedback we usually receive. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your carvery lunch, but I can assure you that we only use the finest ingredients, and only serve baked ham with our turkey. Our pizzas are cooked to order and take a minimum of 10 minutes, all pizzas are cooked in a stone oven. We use an authentic Italian pizza base and I am disappointed that the pizza did not meet your sons expectations. Once again I am sorry tha you did not enjoy your meal but I do hope that you will visit with us again in the future.